Looking for new energy
Title: Database Development Manager
Department: IT Development
Location: Chandlers Ford
At Utilita we believe in enabling people to be the best that they can be. Our determination to succeed is achieved by us working together with a common goal: to service our customers in the best possible way and challenge the status quo.
So how do we do that?
- By using innovative technology. Our award-winning App, My Utilita, is one of the top three of its kind on Google Play, and our continued focus on using new technology is why Utilita is ranked third in the Southern Tech 100. Our regulator, OFGEM, has praised us for the technology we use to interact with our vulnerable customers.
- We have a product to be proud of. Utilita were the first to install a SMART meter back in 2008. We currently have around 800,000 customers and we are going from strength to strength, diversifying our portfolio into other pay as you go offerings.
- Making a difference for our customers. Every month Utilita gives customers the chance to win free energy and cash prizes through our customer Jackpot.
- Making a difference to the community. As others move away from the high street, Utilita have opened a number of Retail Hubs across the country. Helping to integrate into the community by offering free use of community rooms and a local service.
In order to ensure we can do all of that, we provide:
- A continuous development culture, through our leadership programmes, apprenticeships and learning platforms.
- Employee engagement we appreciate our staff and want to know what they think. We were recently awarded "one to watch" by the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to work for, a vote of confidence from our staff that we're doing lots of things right.
- We have a peer recognition scheme - the Great 8 - because we understand how good it feels to be valued and appreciated.
What part can you play in making a difference?
Transitioning to an Agile and DevOps way of working you will be responsible for maintaining and developing Utilita's databases. You will manage a team of experienced database developers, who are migrating us to the cloud.
What do we need from you?
As an experienced database manager and developer, you will use your management and technical expertise to bring out the best in people, helping to keep the team honest. You will have extensive knowledge and hands on experience of relational database architectures, specifically Oracle, Postgres and MYSQL. You will also have experience with large datasets and data-modelling for LOTP as well as OLAP systems. Any prior experience of data warehousing and knowledge of containerisation would be beneficial.
What can we give back in return?
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- The opportunity to win tickets to major outdoor events with Utilita Extra - when they are back up and running! Including, gigs and shows at the Utilita Newcastle and Birmingham arenas.
- Discounted employee energy tariffs.
- Utilita bonus scheme.
- We are a patron of the Princes Trust and offer all of our staff a paid volunteering day every year plus various fun fund raisers.
- A health care scheme that includes dental, eyecare, treatments and diagnostics health consultations.
- Employee Assistance Programme with access to counselling support, legal and financial advice 24/7 365 days a year, as well as a GP line and Your Care.
- Access to hundreds of discounts including gym memberships, shops, restaurants, travel and accommodation.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'