Offering dedicated time for research, innovation and learning, this leading software house is the perfect environment for a Database Developer to monitor the company's existing databases and participate in the design and implementation of the associated database software development.
Job Title: Database Developer
Location: Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Salary: Negotiable + an excellent benefits package
You will act as a key member of the Data Operations team working directly with the Development teams to develop the data platform, test, improve and maintain new and existing databases.Role Responsibilities:
- To design stable, and effective databases
- To support the DBA’s in the operational functionality, availability, efficiency, backup and recovery, and the security of the company’s MS SQL Server databases
- To troubleshoot ineffective queries and optimise them
- To escalate all application problems and follow up to a resolution
- Provide on call support including out-of-hours incident support (Max. once a month)
This is a fantastic opportunity to deliver great solutions which you will be proud to say "I built that". Our client has embraced Agile practices such as Sprint planning, Continuous Delivery and DevOps principles.Experience:
Their systems are primarily deployed across Microsoft SQL Server, but they are using and have evaluated other technologies too.
You will need:
- MS SQL Server experience up to 2016
- An ability to produce T-SQL code
- Experience or knowledge of Agile methodologies
- The ability to reverse Engineer legacy SQL and devise improvement plans
- Work with large database tables
- An understanding and working knowledge of Public and Private Cloud offerings (AWS, Azure, Google etc.) and the interaction with on Premise environments
- Developing end to end ETL solutions using SSIS, Stored Procedures and other ETL techniques
- Microsoft BI Stack (SSIS / SSRS)
Cordius is a recruitment business with years of experience and we are confident we can help find your next career move. We recruit Permanent and Contract IT vacancies across Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Leicestershire and South Yorkshire.
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Private Cloud
- Data Operations
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'