Job title: Database Developer
Reporting to: Data Architecture Manager
Job Family: TechnologyRole Purpose:
Responsible for design, development and management of a data warehouse environment used for analytics and reporting in Microsoft domain.Key accountabilities
You will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the Data & Business Intelligence manager and internal customers to design, develop and maintain reports / analytics capability.
- Managing the database aspects of the reporting and analytics platform(s) to ensure that reporting jobs are successfully run and analytics data aligns to timeliness / completeness requirements.
- Working with database administrators to ensure that the data warehouse is tuned for optimal performance.
- Working with business analysts and project managers to develop and refine reporting and analytics requirements.
- Ensure that the physical designs for the data warehouse and its data structures align with IT strategies, architecture frameworks and logical data models.
- Ensure that data flows configured internally within the data warehouse are reflected in as-built documentation (data lineage diagrams) where 75% of new marts should have documentation available immediately on production release and 100% of new marts should have documentation available within 30 days of production release.
- Ensure that all data warehouse issues are communicated across the data management team immediately after the issue occurs.
- 80% of causes of data warehouse job failures identified and resolution achieved on same day.
- Working with the Data Architecture Manager /Business Analyst to identify and resolve data issues through configuration of Data cleansing and de-duplication software.
This job description is not exhaustive and as such, the post holder will be expected to be flexible, and any changes will only be made following a discussion with the post holder.
Person specificationQualifications and experience
- Bachelor`s degree in a related area; master`s degree (or equivalent work experience) and Microsoft certifications are a strong plus.
- Proven experience with Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (2008, 2012 and 2014)
- Strong commitment to deadlines and to client service (internal and external)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proven collaboration skills when interacting with both technical and non-technical resources.
- Operates well within a team as well as independently
- Self-motivated and driven to produce quality products
- Proven judgment in proactively identifying issues and recommending solutions to others.
- Ability to work well and deliver under pressure.
- Provenexperience working on database technology used for business intelligence and/or analytics (SSIS, SSAS Tabular, SSRS and Crystal Report)
- Proven experience administering a reporting database.
- Proven experience working with query languages including T-SQL, XML, DAX, MDX, Power Shell and PL/SQL.
- Experience with analysing complex requirements
- Experience in working with both Agile/RAD methodologies and SSADM or equivalent.
- Waterfall methodologies.
- Experience in creating / maintaining as-built documentation owned jointly across a team.
- Proven experience working as a database developers to ensure reporting data sources are optimally tuned for reporting.
- Having a good experience of queries optimization and performance tuning
- Develop and prepare schedule for new data warehouse.
- Prepare plans for all ETL procedures and architectures.
- Analyse various data warehouse objects.
- Prepare ad hoc queries reports for both technical and business teams.
- Evaluate all codes and ensure quality of all project deliverables.
- Design and implement various unit tests on system and prepare test data.
- Experience of using any Source Control Software like Team Foundation Server/VSS/SVN
- Experienced in using any Agile Project Management tool like JIRA
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI visulaization and Modelling
- Willingness to challenge underlying assumptions and the status quo.
- Highly developed communication and influencing skills.
- Resilient and self-confident to drive through change.
- Confident in presenting findings to the senior stakeholders
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job