Position: Database Developer
Location: Stoke on Trent
Grade: RCS O
Contract Type: 12 month Fixed Term Contract (Full Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 20th March 2018
For the role of Database Developer you will be responsible for ensuring that you develop and implement Site Management Information Systems. You will support the Systems Manager and Administrator in maintaining the site's IT hardware. You will be responsible for providing after hours on-call telephone support.
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
* Develop and Implement Management Information Systems (MIS) to meet the Operational Requirements.
* Provide first line support for warehouse management systems.
* Provide a first class level of support to both internal and external customers.
* Produce system specific documentation and training materials.
* Any other duties as may be assigned to meet the varying needs of the business.
* Be pro-active in preventing accidents and reducing hazards by ensuring that health and safety regulations and standards of hygiene are maintained at all times aiming for zero accidents.
* Ensure compliance to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's)
* Ensure company policies are communicated, applied and enforced
* Work in collaboration with other DHL sites to maximise efficiencies and best practice
* Actively champion a culture of continuous improvement.
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
* Knowledge of Software Development LifeCycle & SQL
* Good technical knowledge of the hardware and software environments for enterprise scale applications.
* Experience in a development role with a proven track record in the development, delivery and implementation of systems.
* Good analytical, problem solving and numerical skills
* Excellent interpersonal, leadership, motivation and planning skills
* Excellent communicator (verbal & written)
* Proven experience of managing multiple projects simultaneously
* Able to identify risk within a project and / or application and resolve.
* Excellent organisational skills
* Experience with the implementation and /or support of Warehouse Management Systems and Transport Management Systems
* Certificate of Professional Competence
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Working at DHL:
Facts and FiguresDivisionV7, SUPPLY CHAINEmployment TypeTemporary Full-TimeBusiness UnitDHL Supply Chain UKContract Type12 MonthsLocationStoke On TrentWorking HoursJob TypeITShift RequirementDay time onlyCareer LevelProfessionalsRelocation OfferedNoneResponsible forTravel RequiredNo Business TravelReports toSystems Manager Travel ExtentNoneTarget Hire Date21/03/2018Work Permit RequiredYes
- Project Management
- MS Excel
- MS Access
- Data Gathering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job