Our client is urgently seeking an experienced Database Administrator (DBA) to join their team based in Plymouth, on a permanent basis. Our client are currently going through huge growth plans having recently been acquired and receiving huge financial backing!
The DBA will be responsible for key infrastructure aspects such as Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, as well as supporting in-house and 3rd party applications.
You will be rewarded with an excellent salary, as well as a generous annual leave allowance of 26 days plus Bank Holidays (rising with service), pension contribution, employee assistance programme as well as physical and mental well-being vouchers and services. Appropriate training and development will be given in order to assist the successful applicant to realise their full potential.
Database Administrator – Key Skills:
- Strong analytical, diagnostic and system management skills
- Able to demonstrate a forward thinking attitude in considering the use of new technologies, tools and working practices in order to support modernisation and digitalisation initiatives.
- Knowledge, or experience, of working with Ansible, Git, backup and recovery technologies (RMAN/TDP), Oracle Databases, Oracle WebLogic, SQL Server, scripting and automation via Kubernetes, Python, PowerShell and WLST.
- Experience in any of the above key skills or being able to demonstrate this through a related discipline, such as database based programming, system administration on Windows, Linux or UNIX based platforms would be advantageous.
- An appreciation of Cybersecurity, its associated tools and technologies would be of benefit.
- Provide support to others in the provision of an Out of Hours Standby rota to cover critical 24/7 systems
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'