Established in 1880, PFG is one of the UK's leading suppliers of personal credit products to the non-standard lending market. We are a FTSE 250 company that provide a portfolio of credit products designed to meet the particular needs of those who are not well serviced by mainstream lenders. The Provident Financial Group is made up of Provident Home Credit, Satsuma Loans, Vanquis Bank, Cheque Exchange and Moneybarn.
Provident is currently undergoing large transformational change within the Consumer Credit Division of the business. Major investment is being made in the Technology & Change function, so now is an exciting time to join us as we shape the future of the business and more importantly continue to keep our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are very excited about our future and the road map ahead of us.
About the Role
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a key enabler in transitioning PFG from traditional BI and data processes in to future state, real-time data capture; data housing and exploitation through future cloud technologies whilst also improving operational support within database technology.
- In this role you will administer and assure the availability of Business Intelligence critical databases for the user base by owning and managing Incidents, Problems and Changes assigned to the team to identify and resolve application software and database faults.
- As part of this process and that of continual service improvement, you will develop and implement solutions and enhancements.
- Additionally this role involves Release management and transition of new service into live in a controlled manner.
We would like you to have skills and experience in some of the following:
- Strong T-SQL scripting skills
- Good understanding of Relational Database Management Systems
- Developing and Administration of Microsoft SQL Server Databases
- SQL Server performance management
- SSRS and SSIS development and deployment skills
- Understanding of Powershell
- Experience of working with Microsoft Azure SQL
- General knowledge of networking, storage, software installation and management, and Microsoft Windows Server operating systems
- Intermediate experience of incident, problem, change and release processes.
- Intermediate experience of working in an IT service support environment
- Experience of Service Management tools that incorporate Incident, Problem, Change Management Processes.
- Understanding of Spotlight monitoring
- MCSA 70-461 Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- MCSA 70-462 Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) to at least foundation level.
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.
On top of all this, we will give you a package including:
- 25 days annual leave increasing with service.
- Up to 7% annual profit bonus.
- Onsite Gym - Provident have partnered with High Five gyms. Alongside our Gym, there are weekly classes held throughout the day and pre 09:00 and post 17:00 where you can attend anything from Spinning to Pilates to Boxercise.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion EDI
Provident is one of a select group of forward thinking organisations that have signed up for the National Equality Standard NES. The NES provides a cultural assessment through the lens of diversity. It looks across all 9 protected characteristics set out in the Equality Act 2010 to ensure true inclusion in the workplace. The NES adopts a pragmatic & holistic approach to EDI and achieving it will enable Provident to showcase our business as leaders in this field.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'