My client in Bodmin requires a Database Administrator to join their busy team. For further information please contact the Reed Plymouth office and ask for Gary.
Knowledge & Skills
- SQL Experience with demonstrable skills in analysing and developing complex SQL queries
- Provision MySQL instances, both in clustered and non-clustered configurations
- High level proficiency in understanding and addressing complex sorts, merges and joins
- Have an understanding of common database technologies
- Ensure performance, security and availability of databases
- Experience in preparing system design documents, use cases, test cases and other systems specifications documentation
- Experience with MySQL database design & architecture, administration, implementation and management
- Clear verbal and written communication skills to interact with both technical and non-technical personnel in different units
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment (e.g., collaborate with team members, users and software programmers)
- Experience with data migration, data conversion, database upgrades, physical modelling, schema designs
- Experience managing highly available environments and configurations with identification of improvements, optimisation and security
- Experience with production support, change control and release management processes and procedures
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail
- Good analytical and problem-solving/troubleshooting abilities
- Familiarity with Linux administration would be an advantage
Problems addressed involve the interpretation of cases and evaluation of requirements, requiring constant interaction with colleagues across Departments. There is a requirement to devise solutions involving some originality, drawing both on procedures and acquired knowledge and skills, mostly in response to demands of others.
Judgement & Decision
Accountable for ensuring that developed software meets design criteria, in line with performance indicators, quality standards, statutory regulations, and to agreed timescales.
Internal contact is a key feature of the job involving the post holder in liaison and consultation with other personnel and managers across the Company.
Most software development within the company follows a ‘Lean and Agile’ methodology, which places particular emphasis on good communication within a close team.
Responsible for any computer systems/equipment used or evaluated and for maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of patient information that may be encountered
Office based with requirement to work to strict, internal or externally imposed deadlines.
Employees may be required to undertake tasks that the management considers are within their capabilities, even though the task may be outside their normal duties.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'