DBA - Newton Abbot
Cathedral Appointments are seeking an experienced Database Administrator for our highly reputable client based in Newton Abbot. The purpose of this role is to administer and maintain SQL server databases, anticipating future requirements and developing innovative solutions depending on business needs.
- Ensure all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the business’s Recovery Point Objectives (RPO)
- Test backups to ensure we can meet the business’ Recovery Time Objectives (RTO)
- Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur.
- Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms.
- As new systems are brought in-house, choose whether to use clustering, log shipping, mirroring, Windows Azure, or other technologies.
- Install and configure new SQL Servers.
- Document the company’s database environment
- Recent experience as a Database Administrator of SQL Server Databases
- Working knowledge of SQL Server Performance monitoring and Query and Index Tuning
- Expertise in Backup & Restore of SQL databases
- Well versed in SQL Server principles, frameworks and technologies
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to progress their career in a fast-moving dynamic environment. This role offers an extremely competitive salary and the successful candidate will be confident, forward-thinking and flexible with experience in a similar role.
If you have the skills and experience required, please get in touch!
Keywords: SQL, DBA, Database Administrator, Database, SQL Server, Newton Abbot, Devon Jobs, IT Jobs, RPO, RTO, Azure, Windows,
We are currently receiving an overwhelming level of responses to our advertising and therefore if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Database Servers
- Sql Server
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job