£40,000 to £45,000
Our client, a highly regarded insurance organisation based in Milton Keynes, is currently looking for a Database Administrator.
The successful candidate will be involved with designing, implementing, supporting and enhancing the processes for administering databases, both on premises and in the Cloud.
- Making sure that databases are reliable, stable and performing at the required standard.
- Developing standard routines and procedures for ongoing maintenance of database systems.
- Maximising the efficiency of costs management of databases and data driven services in Microsoft Azure environment.
- Determining suitable database backup and restore strategies that ensure databases are correctly archived without adversely impacting live usage.
- Working with the Infrastructure team to control access permissions and privileges.
- Troubleshooting and resolving database issues, including integrity, performance, blocking and security issues.
- Passing on knowledge to key stakeholders to help improve the company's knowledge and process for database administration.
- 5+ years’ experience in a DBA role.
- Expert knowledge of database administration theories and practices.
- Experience of working in the Microsoft Azure Environment, with particular emphasis on data services.
- Experience of the Microsoft Business Intelligence stack.
Keywords: Database Administrator; Database; Microsoft Azure; Microsoft Business Intelligence; Data Services; Database Maintenance; Infrastructure; Database Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job