We have a fantastic opportunity for a Database Administrator to design, develop and implement Database solutions & enhancements- to meet Business requirements and IT Infrastructure roadmaps. The core activities include providing specialist database (SQL and Oracle Server) expertise to I.T teams to assist in the delivery of Project lifecycle artefacts (Solutions overviews, P.I.D’s, Project briefs, Supplier reviews) including Development teams for solution enhancements and performance tuning. Some other key duties will typically include:
- Providing specialist database (SQL and Oracle Server) expertise to Development teams to assist in the delivery of performance
- Undertaking and documenting the detailed Technical design of infrastructure solutions to meet Project objectives.
We are looking for someone with strong SQL Server DBA knowledge and experience, having Oracle DBA is a bonus. Knowledge of systems management procedures in a large 24/7 commercial, mission-critical environment is also essential. Apart from strong relationship, influencing and analytical skills, you will be or have:
- SQL Server Database (2008,2012) installation & management
- Oracle RDBMS
- Dataguard and high availability
- RMAN backup and recovery
- Performance tuning and monitoring
- SANS, CBS Systems
- Capacity planning, performance tuning, proactive monitoring
- Change control, release procedures and tools
- ITIL based service management framework
- OID/SSO (desirable)
- E-business suite (HR/Finance) (desirable)
- Experience of running bespoke .NET applications running on large Oracle databases
- Oracle Application Server (forms and reports)
- Netezza Data Warehouse appliance and change data capture.
At The Coventry we are currently undertaking an exciting journey of growth. As we progress on our journey we are seeking talented individuals who are passionate about delivering an outstanding experience for both members and colleagues in an environment where you will have the opportunity to be part of the future success of the organisation and work in surroundings where personal and professional development is taken seriously.
Coventry Building Society (CBS) is the UK’s second largest building society and has grown steadily over the previous 10 years. It has a reputation for Putting Members First, with consistently strong customer feedback and industry low numbers of complaints. It is financially strong, with high levels of capital and liquidity.
If you believe you have the right skills, drive & experience and want to make a positive contribution to our continuing success then look no further!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'