Cooper Lomaz are currently recruiting for a growing organisation based in Fleet who have a new progressive opportunity for a Database Administrator. This new role will be undertaking various activities associated to the performance, integrity and security of a database, involved in the planning and development of the database, as well as in troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users. This role will be recruited regardless of lockdown and the successful candidate will be inducted remotely dependant on the guidelines at the time of hire.
Our multi-site client is seeking a candidate who is experienced in establishing the needs of users and monitor user access and security whilst mapping out the conceptual design for a planned database. You will be well versed in considering both back-end organisation of data and front-end accessibility for end-users and refining the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model. Applicants will have experience installing, upgrading and testing new versions of the database management system (DBMS) and maintaining data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act.
The successful candidate will be required to control access permissions and privileges, develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans, capacity planning and work with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security. Along with managing he security and disaster recovery aspects of a database you will be continuously performance tuning database systems, recommending and implementing emerging database technologies at every opportunity.
Database Administrator Qualifications/Skills:
- Strong command of SQL Query Language and SQL server tools
- Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data modelling
- PowerShell and Unix shell scripting skills
- Familiarity with SSAS, SSIS, SSRS
- Strong mathematical and statistical knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Commercial experience in database administration, information technology, database architecture, or a related field
- MCSE/MCSA certifications preferred
- Experience with Linux and Windows Server environments
- Extensive experience with database technologies (MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL Oracle, MongoDB)
- Experience with cloud services
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'