Database Administrator, Cheshire East, £25K to c£30K + Excellent Benefits
Keywords: DBA, Database Administrator, SQL Server, Database Specialist, Cheshire, Staffordshire, Stoke on Trent, Shropshire
- to be involved in the software engineering team,
- to maintain SQL Server database for production application, including administrative responsibilities, database development
- to serve application enhancements as well as trouble-shooting.
Your role includes:
- Performing SQL Server upgrades, applying patches, and monitoring status
- Performance tuning
- Scheduling jobs and job monitoring
- Work trouble tickets for operations
- Helping to promote development changes into production
- Setting up and testing new database and data handling systems
- Sustaining the security and integrity of data
- Creating complex query definitions that allow data to be extracted
- Taking part in database design
- Training colleagues in how to input and extract data
- Work collaboratively with staff to continually improve operations and service levels.
- Knowledge of RDBMS, SQL language and XML database management systems.
- SQL development (3+ yrs)
- Some experience with database administration and troubleshooting (2+ yrs)
- Strong analytical and organisational skills
- Eye for detail and accuracy
- The ability to work quickly, under pressure and to deadlines
- Up-to-date knowledge of technology and the Data Protection Act
Our client offers:
- A challenging and progressive position within an international work environment
- Excellent remuneration package (Pension Contribution, health care and life insurance)
Email: Jayne at HTS
HTS, Specialist Recruiters. Contract and Permanent Vacancies.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job