Our Client based in Epsom are looking for a skilled Database Administrator (DBA), who will be responsible in assisting company service infrastructure, providing 2nd and 3rd line support in a fast paced and technically challenging environment.
The successful candidate will have a good understanding of Microsoft Databases and development support, practical knowledge and strong Database system admin and troubleshooting skills, excellent communication and can do attitude. The DBA is an integral member of the IT Infrastructure team and will have the opportunity to maintain and expand on a number of DB systems.
- Maintaining and administrating company’s DB infrastructure, including complex SQL tasks, critical DB management and their monitoring, performance tuning, troubleshooting, DB based service and operations support to internal and customer facing teams.
- Provide onsite DB support to internal teams of developers, IT helpdesk for escalated DB issues, customer facing staff users by troubleshooting issues and working directly with senor DBA and infrastructure system experts to investigate, troubleshoot and resolve major DB problems.
- Responsible for the DB Maintenance tasks as directed by Senior DBA.
- Carrying out testing on internal systems, functional use of systems and user appearance and acceptance testing.
- The candidate will be involved in reviewing the existing DB architecture and recommending potential improvements.
- The role will also include to liaise with IT/Desktop engineers in supporting the ad-hoc DB based queries such as adhoc reports for customers, Database indexing, DB performance monitoring with the necessary tools, escalated customer related issues and supporting system support engineer in new DB based system installation.
- By agreement with the CIO or the IT Manager, occasionally work outside of standard office hours to minimise adverse business impact when instigating DB changes, software rollouts, user/data migration or performing planned activities or to support the business/services in emergency situations. Roll requires an attitude to maintain availability of all business critical SQL Servers 24-7;
- Work to support and resolve core service issues and to participate in Disaster recovery planning and implementation; and providing 1st/2nd up to 3rd line technical support to end users.
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
- 2+ years hands on DB administration experience in business and operations support systems such as Microsoft SQL based CRM, billing or real time transactions system. (MS SQL Server 2008/2012 as a minimum);
- Natural interest in IT with a desire to stay abreast of new technologies and the ability to understand clients technical requirements when described by clients who are using everyday language
- Proven DB Support experience: previous experience of 1-2 years of 2nd line DB support or exposure to 3rd line DB System support in service desk environment and any helpdesk ticketing system.
- Understanding of SQL scripting, SQL Management Studio, Stored Procedures, good problems analysis and solving skills.
- Hands on experience with SSIS and SSRS Package configuration, implementation and deployment, maintenance of Transactional Replication publications across multiple servers; and database mirroring.
- Previous experience of SVN repository administration.
- DB based SAAS Development, testing support and maintaining Devops solution.
- Knowledge of any DevOps system is strong bonus such as Experience using Visual Studio with a sway towards MS Technologies (.NET, C#, MVC, WCF, IIS).
Please apply by sending your CV as a Word Document. Cassidy Jones Recruitment Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of our Client.
Although we aim to respond to every Candidate, please note that due to the high volume of applications, we may not be able to notify all unsuccessful candidates. Please assume that if you have not heard within two weeks, your application has not been successful this time.
- Line Support
- 3rd Line
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'