Data Warehouse and Reporting Manager - Watford & surrounding areas
Data Warehouse and Reporting Manager
Location: Watford & surrounding areas or Tingley or Homebased
Band 8b - £47,700 - £59,000 per annum
Working in partnership with NHS Trust clients, NHS Professionals provides a service that combines intimate understanding of the Trusts temporary and flexible workforce requirements with the reliability, quality and value for money that only a managed service can offer. We serve Acute, Mental Health and Community Trusts across England, along with Social Enterprises. More than 100,000 general and specialist nurses, doctors, midwives, administrative and other healthcare professionals have registered to work flexibly through the bank.
The role requires a combination of skills in the management of projects, customer relationships, as well as in-depth business, highly specific technical skills in data warehouse development and systems analysis skills. The role is a key component in developing and supporting further new business bids, managing existing business and the development of further opportunities within the organisation.
Reporting to the Head of Information & Insight and responsible for the strategic direction of the Data warehouse and reporting team, ensuring that it aligns and meets the overall IT strategy and business objectives of the company. This role will provide senior level leadership as well as hands-on support and direction of team members to ensure objectives are met and SLAs maintained. In addition to leadership responsibilities, the post holder will be involved with various analysis, project management, operational excellence and strategic planningto meet all internal and external reporting and analysis requirements.
- Drive cross-functional teams in the successful delivery of business critical data and information used throughout the organization to drive the business decisions.
- Support NHSP Data warehouse and reporting, and Insights Team - help transform traditional reporting capabilities into world class analytics and insights.
- Manage the performance of direct reports by defining responsibilities, establishing performance objectives, providing coaching and guidance, and ensuring all policies are understood and adhered.
- Build cohesive consensus with customer insight and strategic intelligence functions to mold internal and external insights to drive strategy
- Promote data security and data sharing policy compliance, through regular communication with the team and regular auditing of data access to individuals.
- Partner with the IT technical leader and team to manage the key data processes, tools, and architectures needed to deliver confidence in regular reports and key business analytics
- Collaborate with IT Team to implement data management, governance best practices and standards in sources systems and in data and reporting infrastructure.
- Work with IT Leadership to identify and incorporate new reporting elements from the several systems (PowerBI, SAP, CRM, SQL, SSIS etc.) for the data warehouse.
- Responsible for setting the policy and for the development of the MIS Service for all NHSP directorates.
- To develop policies and processes based on reporting requirements ensuring continuous data management guidelines and regular data access reviews.
- To ensure that all reports are proactively developed in response to current internal and external client requirements, and are accurately distributed within service agreements.
- Establish, improve and comply with existing product development cycle frameworks to incorporate change management in reporting services and data warehousing ensuring high level of change capture and richness of technical documentation.
NHS Professionals is owned by the Department of Health and is the leading provider of managed flexible workforce services to the NHS. Simply, we provide more than 100,000 healthcare professionals including; nurses, doctors, midwives, allied health professionals and administrative staff to work shifts via our bank at our NHS client Trusts across the UK.
We offer very competitive terms and conditions which includes an attractive basic salary offering progression for exceptional performers, company car or car allowance, access to a stakeholder pension scheme and 27 days annual leave per year plus public holidays. In addition other benefits offered include health and well-being support, access to a discount scheme and an employee recognition scheme.
Please note that in 2010 NHS Professionals moved to Limited Company status and therefore Agenda for Change terms and conditions are not applicable to this role.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if sufficient applications are received. We will not contact unsuccessful applicants, therefore if you do not hear from us within 14 days of the vacancy closing, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
- High Analytical Skills
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Advanced Presentation skills
- Data Warehouse development
- SQL and SSIS experience
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job