The Pets at Home Vet Group has undergone significant growth over the course of the last 3 years and is now the largest vet group in the UK. This is a hugely exciting time to join the business with continuing growth and opportunities. We are based in state of the art offices, incredibly friendly and supportive with every chance on offer to be recognised for leading and developing your individual area and making a mark in the business. You must share our passion for pets as we are driven by providing the best in both customer service and pet care throughout the Group and our 450+ vet practices over the UK.
The Data Visualisation and Business Analyst role supports the work of the Business Insight team in the conception, production and representation of management information to drive both powerful insight and clear understanding of performance indicators within the business.
The successful candidate will be adept at using SQL methods to extract and transform data from complex and diverse data sets and also skilled in using BI analytics tools such as Power BI, Tableau or Dundas to design and deliver impactful and meaningful data visualisations that are action oriented for business users.
Above all the right person will be passionate and curious about data, trending, exceptions, patterns and discovering exciting new conclusions based on the findings.
The Data Visualisation and Business Analyst is responsible for extracting the relevant data and using BI tools to design and deliver compelling reporting.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Gather BI requirements from stakeholders design and deliver analytics and reporting solutions that provide insight and create value for the business
- Provide expert advice for stakeholders to help develop and enhance reporting requirements and refine initial thinking to improve ultimate effectiveness
- Create BI content that is customised to Executive and Board requirements; is visually appealing, executes efficiently and is trustworthy.
- Work with business stakeholders to ensure effective testing and communications for launches or updates.
- Champion the use of quality interpreted and visualised data throughout the business, driving adoption and growth amongst business users.
- Sustain positive business engagement, partnering with stakeholders to ensure each Department’s requirements are met and appropriate to unlock business value.
- Discover and maintain business and product knowledge to be able to understand and explain context of reporting and business data rules.
A background of working in a business insight/analytical capacity and experience of working with larger datasets is essential for the role, covering some or all of the following:
- Hands-on experience using BI visualisation tools to create reporting solutions that transform complex datasets into actionable management information
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience of project delivery/ business change, in a BI role
- Reviewing business processes/ data sets and identifying areas for improvement
- Working with IT teams to turn business requirements into system specifications
- Testing the developed solution
- Handover / knowledge transfer / training to business users
- Determined to identify solutions and prepared to overcome obstacles to follow through to completion
- Good commercial awareness, particularly around principles of good performance reporting
- Strong communication skills to explain complex ideas in simple terms and influence thinking to steer outcomes towards strategic BI solutions
- Passion for good data visualisation and a critical awareness of what drive good quality business insight.
- Preferable: exposure to Agile delivery programs
- Professional demeanour and outlook
- Comfortable with rapid change
- Team player, comfortable with all levels and with dealing with business stakeholders
- Collaborative in working style - promoting and sharing best practice
- Willing to be flexible in tasks and activities undertaken
- Desire to learn about new technologies
- Effective and confident communicator
- Experience working in a pressurised environment
- Attention to detail without losing bigger picture
- Accurate and proud of completed work
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and engender respect from colleagues.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritise workload in order to meet strict reporting deadlines.
£30-40K basic salary
25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Data Management
- Data Visualization
- Project Delivery