Data Team Leader
Do you want to take your career to the next level with the UK’s largest sports retailer?
We are currently searching for a Data Team Leader to join us in our IT department. This is an important and exciting role within the team. Currently consisting of 6 core individuals skilled in database infrastructure, administration, and development; and business intelligence; the data engineering team is fully responsible and accountable for provisioning, administrating, supporting, and maintaining data sources across the Group for any scenario.
Recent strategic initiatives and projects facilitated by the rapid expansion of the Group include a new state-of-the-art cloud-based enterprise data warehouse, reporting and business intelligence platform; as well as a new global warehouse management solution to support warehouse automation.
We’re looking for someone with strong DBA skills, experience leading enterprise level, mixed discipline projects. You will need to manage the workload for your team whilst seeking out new opportunities to deliver efficiencies through data in the business. You will be working directly with the I.T. Director and other Department heads. You will need to be hands on the tech working with technical and no technical users. One minute you would be managing the new Big Data project, next you could be mentoring someone on your team. You are the last level of troubleshooting when required, you must be confident with your knowledge of Data systems
Key Aspects of this role:
- Making sure your team delivers solutions in a timely manner
- Collaborate with, and support the business analysis, and internal development
- Communicate the progression of data sources and pipelines to technical teams
- Working with your team and key business users to architect data solutions
- Play a role in the maintenance of knowledge repositories, and the transfer of such to wider members of the IT department
- Mentoring junior team members
- Reviewing , Optimising and tuning work of your team
- Create and revise data management policies
- Evaluate and appraise team’s performance
- At least 5 years’ experience leading a team
- At least 10 years’ experience in / exposure to SQL-Server, Oracle; or both
- Proficient in writing SQL/ Transact SQL, PL-SQL
- Ability to analyse data and communicate findings to stakeholders
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical peers
- Experience in retail is a plus
- Knowledge of the MS BI stack is a plus
- Exposure to Azure is a plus
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'