I am currently working with a great client based in Central Harrogate looking to recruit a Data Support Administrator to join their team. They are open to considering both full and part-time candidates.
The Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the data, logistics, and marketing teams.
- Help validate existing organisational data and assist with the creation of new data.
- Help maintain consistent bibliographic data across the database and in-house systems.
- To enter all necessary data onto the computer systems used by the company.
- Help to ensure that all in house systems are kept updated.
- Transfer and update order data into the in house tracking system and monitoring shipments.
- Help process and track all orders in line with our clients’ needs.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure deliveries are carried out.
- To help ensure that all orders are processed quickly and effectively.
- To help ensure all documents relating to supply chain process are retained in accordance with the company's quality requirements.
- To communicate to clients and partners via telephone and email.
- Help to update, maintain, and validate CRM database.
- Research contact led information by conducting web based research.
- Maintaining organisational data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act.
Essential Experience / skills required:
- Strong organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to achieve tight deadlines.
- Self-motivation and ability to plan time effectively.
- An enthusiasm for attention to detail.
- Understanding of the correct format for data attributes: e.g correct number of digits for a telephone number, email address formats etc.
- A competent user of the full Microsoft Office suite with strong excel skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to deal with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to prioritise and work flexibly in order to complete ad-hoc duties as and when required.
- Data entry and administration tasks.
- Able to work on their own initiative when required.
- Excellent numerical skills with a high attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Desirable Experience / skills required:
- Excellent web based research skills.
- Competence in Excel and Access with the confidence to use pivot tables, vlookup, and query building.
- Familiarity with the main the principles of database design and management.
- Proven ability to produce work of an extremely high standard paying meticulous attention to detail at all times.
- Administration experience within a busy environment, processing a high volume of work.
- Able to take on a new challenge.
- Experience in building and curating mailing lists.
- Experience with serial mailer and mail chimp.
- Familiarity with supply chain processes (e.g. inventory planning, forecasting).
- A graduate in the arts and humanities with an interest or knowledge of a publishing environment.
- Database skills, including CRM experience.
- Ability to use spreadsheets to analyse data and spot trends.
Training on the in-house bespoke computer programs and systems will be part of the induction process.