Data Selections & Reporting Officer, Permanent, 35 hours per week
National Cat Centre, Chelwood Gate, Sussex, or if being home-based is agreed, there will be a home workers allowance of £1,000 per annum
Salary: £28,894.64 plus £2,000 Market Supplement (salary subject to experience), plus excellent benefits
In the UK there are over seven million cats. Cats Protection is the organisation dedicated to helping, rescuing, re-homing and supporting cats. With 34 adoption centres and 250 volunteer-run branches, we help around 190,000 cats and kittens each year.
The Data Direct and Digital Marketing teams will generate £18M for Cats Protection this year, through fundraising, membership and gaming products across all online and offline channels. To reach this target the team are expanding and have a number of new roles to recruit. This is one of the new roles, and other roles within the team may be found on our careers site.
Our new Data Selections & Reporting Officer will manage, control and develop all fundraising aspects of the charity’s CRM database, to help increase sustainable net income for Cats Protection.
A full job description and person specification is available as part of the application process, and responsibilities include the following:
- using Faststats Campaign Management software, liaise with campaign managers from all areas of the organisation and at all levels in order to deliver targeted and cost-effective communications
- using SQL Server Reporting Services and Intuitive Business Intelligence Dashboards, to develop, enhance & run regular KPI reports
- using Transact SQL Server, perform ad hoc SQL queries for data sets, investigating, trouble shooting and offering solutions
- contribute to the attainment of fundraising targets by providing targeted data selections and ad hoc analysis & reporting
- to support the Data Manager and Data Insight Manager in the development and application of innovative analytical tools and approaches
- to help develop a Data Support and Selections briefing and call log system and create, maintain and review documentation relating to this system, inducting and training users as required.
- work with others in the Data & Insight team, and beyond, to promote best practice with regards using data, helping to embed data as a driver of decision-making within Cats Protection.
- to ensure the accurate, efficient and effective management of the data flow into and out of the database and data interfaces with other systems.
To enable you to do this job, the following skills, knowledge and experience are essential:
- A-levels or equivalent
- Data Management
- Ability to use SQL and SSRS
- Data Protection legislation
- Experience with CRM
- High level of IT literacy including ability to analyse complex data to a high level of accuracy using a variety of tools and producing reports in a clear and precise format
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively - orally and in writing - with a wide range of individuals
- Good planning and organisational skills, and an ability to meet deadlines
- A responsive and helpful manner, with a positive, resilient attitude
To reward you we have a pay scheme which provides the opportunity to progress within your pay band, subject to satisfactory performance. We also offer a range of benefits which include a generous holiday entitlement, a competitive pension offering, a private medical scheme, and a death in service scheme.
Cats Protection is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Closing date: 22 April 2018
Interviews: late April/early May
To apply for the role of Data Selections & Reporting Officer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Data Selections & Reporting Officer, Data Selections Officer, Reporting Officer, Data Reporting Officer, Data Analyst, Data & Reporting Analyst, SQL Analyst, Analyst, Analysis.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job