Showing the way in the exciting world of media research
We are looking for a data scientist who will work as part of our team to provide research and technical expertise to our audience measurement business. Specifically the role is to support, develop and improve the mathematical and statistical models that underpin our hybrid data solutions. These solutions have been developed to measure TV and video viewing across different platforms and devices, via TV and online. Our hybrid datasets integrate data from multiple sources, typically research panel and census level online data, extracting and leveraging the best of each dataset. This is a relatively new development in the industry and Kantar Media is considered ground breaking in their approach.
Leading the way in the exciting world of media research, we provide the most accurate and comprehensive intelligence on media consumption, performance and value. At Kantar Media we power media choices. Our insight, expertise and best in class data and services help clients to measure, monitor and select the most effective media. Join us and you’ll be part of 30,000 colleagues and 12 world leading research, data and insight brands at Kantar. At the heart of WPP, our unique consumer insight inspires clients to flourish in an extraordinary world.
You will work across a number of existing programmes and contribute to new contracts by contributing towards the design of appropriate solutions. You will be part of a central team in London who design and manage relevant solutions to markets around the world.
- Develop new data integration mathematical and statistical algorithms and enhance new ones
- Interact with other members of the research team, locally and globally in the definition, improvement and implementation of data integration algorithms and strategies
- Participate in data integration projects, liaising with clients and stakeholders as appropriate
- To research and test new integration data modelling and methodology approaches by initial prototyping and testing
- Specify development requirements for implementation by the software development team
- Provide data analysis and interpretation for algorithm implementations and evaluation of the resulting hybrid datasets
- Very strong mathematical and statistical skills, and with a passion for the development and implementation of new algorithms
- A Master/PhD degree in Statistics, Mathematics or a highly numerate discipline
- Programming/data analysis experience preferably R or Python
- Effective communicator, able to cultivate internal and external relationships, and explain technical subject matter to non-technical individuals
- Skilled in working with large and complex datasets with a keen eye for detail and accuracy
- A strong track record and demonstrable interest in analysing data and looking for stories, patterns, trends and insights
- Experience using machine learning / statistical modelling / pattern recognition methods
At Kantar we have an integrated way of rewarding our people based around a simple, clear and consistent set of principles. Our approach helps to ensure we are market competitive and also to support a pay for performance culture, where your reward and career progression opportunities are linked to what you deliver.We go beyond the obvious, using intelligence, passion and creativity to inspire new thinking and shape the world we live in. Apply for a career that’s
- Data Analysis
- Highly Numerate