Job Title: Data Scientist
Salary: Up to £70,000 plus package
The UK’s leading asset analytics and technology consultancy for infrastructure. In the past five years it has grown into a team of 100 people, achieving and maintaining a fast-paced start-up mentality within a large infrastructure operator.
Its’ cross-discipline team provides a unique perspective on capital investment, operational expenditure, how assets create business value and how organisations carry and manage risk. It uses this knowledge analytically and develops open source and proprietary software to provide insightful evidence for decision makers. This occurs at all levels within an organisation, from boardroom down to end users, using technology to enable a better understanding of complex, interconnected systems that make up a business, allowing them to create a line of sight between corporate strategy and asset operations.
There are positions available for Consultants, Senior Consultants and Principal Consultants and key responsibilities will include;
- Undertake appropriate analysis to understand client’s risk, performance and cost profile and support the delivery of projects
- Present the findings and solutions to your colleagues and clients at board level and below
- Create and develop relationships with high-profile, blue chip clients up to Director level in the UK and abroad and to gain their confidence to gain new work or expand existing commissions
- Work with colleagues and clients to provide objective advice, create value and deliver solutions to their business in the areas of asset management, investment, finance and operations
- Understand the stakeholder environment of clients and contribute to the formation of strategy in relation to the management of their infrastructure assets
- Develop innovative solutions to challenging problems within the infrastructure sector either on existing commissions or by attracting research and development funding.
Ideal candidates will have skills and experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Bachelor degree level in a STEM subject, i.e., Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or a significant portfolio showcasing relevant development experience
- Advanced knowledge of a key analytics language, i.e., Python, R
- An in-depth understanding of statistical and sampling methods and reviews
- Knowledge of a version control and project management environment, i.e. Github, JIRA, MSTS
- An understanding of applying and optimising machine learning techniques, and how to validate results
- Ability to interpret and explain complex analysis in simple terms
- Good code hygiene, including experience of having organised code modularly
- Experience with at least one relation or non-relational database technology
- Familiarity with functional paradigms for developing distributed applications/analytics
- Experience using cloud services technologies and preferably an awareness of networking practices
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job