Data Scientist - Newport - Up to £60,000 + Benefits
A marketing leading organisation are looking for a skilled Data Scientist to join their diverse team located at their cutting-edge data science campus located in Newport.
As the Data Scientist, you will take the lead role on a variety of exciting projects, with themes including the evolving economy, urban and rural, society, sustainability and the UK in global context. You will work closely with the Big Data team to investigate the advantages and challenges of using big data and data science techniques in a technical and statistical sector. The type of programmes you can expect to work on from this aspect include web-scraped price data, machine learning for matching addresses, exploring the potential of mobile phone data and natural language processing for coding textual survey responses.
As a Data Scientist, you be expected to come from a numerical educational background with strong experience of programming (R, Python, other relevant Data Analysis languages). Due to variety of projects and programmes on offer, the ideal candidate will be expected to have experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Data Analytics - artificial intelligence and machine learning, statistical modelling, pattern recognition, supervised and un-supervised learning, data mining, predictive analysis and natural language processing
- Data Management/Curation - manipulation and analysis of complex, high volume and high dimensionality data, data modelling (including semantic technologies), relational and non-relational databases, cloud storage and data management
- Data Engineering - design of algorithms, implementation of big data solutions, multi-core/distributed processing, SQL and noSQL database systems, statistical analysis languages and tooling
- Story-telling and Data Visualisation - visualisation of insights drawn from data and building of data driven products
- Scientific Research Methods - analytical, independent, critical and curious analysis of data, literature reviews
- Systems Engineering - applied to data/information/intelligence challenges in complex environments
In addition to a salary of up to £60,000, the client’s benefits also include flexible working, 25 days’ holiday, pension scheme and on-site childcare.
If this position sounds like a good fit for you, please apply now. For further information, please contact Nick Barr at Real Time Consultants.
- Data Analysis
- Systems Engineering
- Data Science
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job