Job Title: Data Scientist
Location: Haywards Heath
The Data Scientist will work as part of a team of data scientists and other specialists to help deliver a portfolio of innovative services that will discover and create value from the Company's vast array of information assets. The main focus of the role will be to work individually and with others by applying analysis techniques and tools to deliver this value. They will assist the Lead Data Scientist in identifying where data science can provide value to business areas.
The Data Scientist will work with large amounts of data from a range of sources and in a variety of structured and unstructured formats. They will apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to analyse and interpret data. They will help build predictive models and generate machine learning algorithms. They will propose solutions to business challenges, and collaborate with other teams to implement these solutions.
Recognising the dependencies Group companies have on technology provided in-house, the Data Scientist must work collaboratively and seamlessly with the Group's in-house technology provider along with data presentation/delivery teams located in multiple locations.
- Help to identify opportunities across the organisation where data science can add value
- Assist the Head of Data Science in defining and modelling business problems and solutions
- Help to develop data services that include deep learning, predictive analytics and machine learning
- Perform data analysis and data collection processes that effectively support these data services
- Work individually and with team members, other teams and suppliers to deliver data services
- Comply with all Group Information Security policies.
- Provide reports to internal and external Auditors as requested.
- Ensure compliance with company and other relevant standards/regulations at all times.
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
- Proven experience in data science and data analysis
- Good understanding of statistical techniques and their application, including GLMs, decision trees, random forest, boosting, distributions, clustering, simulation and scenario analysis
- Knowledge of distributed data platforms, such as Hadoop / HDFS, Spark
- Knowledge of data structures and schemas, data preparation and cleansing
- Experience of machine learning techniques and libraries
- Knowledge of data science toolkits and languages, such as R, Python, Scala
- Experience of data exploration and visualisation tools
- Good knowledge of data query languages, such SQL, HiveQL, scripting
- Knowledge of data integration services and ETL
- Analytical and problem-solving aptitude
- Degree in Data Science or other quantitative field
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven analytical and statistical modelling skills.
- Understanding of a service based approach to professional services.
- Specialist qualifications / training relevant to the responsibilities listed above.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with the desire to meet or exceed targets.
- Outgoing and passionate, particularly regarding data and technology
- A decision maker with an ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
- A flexible approach and positive attitude.
- Strives to drive business improvements contributing to the success of the business.
For more information please contact Angela Potter at Clearline Recruitment.