Job Title: Data Scientist
Location: Burges Hill
Salary: £30k-34k depending on experience
Our client are looking to recruit a Data Scientist, you will work in a rapidly changing business environment; working closely with various teams to provide accurate and insightful reporting on IMS market share. You will be required to apply advanced analytics to help develop metrics to optimize approaches across new product development, generate insights, recognise patterns and predict behaviour.
- Develop and continually improve Big Data reporting in accordance with changing business requirements
- Work closely with the DTC and NBM team to gather and document requirements
- Review current business processes and data flows for creating and distributing information
- Identify data sources and join them with other, potentially incomplete, data sources to bring structure to large quantities of data
- Ad hoc report requests and data enquiries from various areas of the business
- Data Insight- understand and outline customer behaviour providing clear and actionable insights to the teams
- Translate data into meaningful findings on customer behaviour and customer journey
- Find out patterns and correlations in customer behaviour by interrogating and manipulating large data sets
- Work as a business partner with the DTC and Infusion marketing to report and provide insights on the consumer database
- To manage the IMS market share reporting process
- To produce monthly market size and share reports using IMS data that fulfils the needs of all aspects of the Care Business
- To develop a sound relationship with IMS to ensure the understanding and optimal use of their offerings
- To work closely with other departments (sales & marketing in particular) to determine their information needs and to design reports which fulfil their requirements.
- To produce ad hoc analysis for various working groups / project streams as required.
- To develop a robust processes for downloading data on a regular basis (monthly).
- Work closely with other members of the Business Intelligence team to determine their PCA data requirements and build reports which meet those requirements
- Correlate PCA data with internal metrics using regression analysis to explain current outcomes
- Overall market size & therapy segment size & growth
- Brand Loyalty and switching
- To support the Business Operations team and the business unit
- To contribute to or manage specific projects as required
- To act as cover for other members of the team as and when required
- Graduate in computer science, maths, statistics / or equivalent business experience
- Background in the healthcare industry, working with Big Data would be desirable
- Excellent SQL, SAS, PowerBI and statistical analysis skills, with hands-on experience of using R to apply statistical techniques such as Cluster Analysis (k-means clustering, latent class analysis) factor analysis, logistic regression, multivariate modelling etc.
- Experience in Teradata and Hadoop databases and Visualization software's is desirable
- Advanced Excel and PowerPivot skills for data manipulation and reporting
- Proven experience of designing and developing information deliverables e.g. dashboards and reports
- Proactive and self-motivated, able to work independently and to handle multiple priorities
- Organised with good attention to detail
- Strong proven analytical skills to interrogate and interpret multiple data sources, highly numerate
- Team player with good verbal and written communication skills, able to build relationships and networks
- Willingness to learn and develop
- A genuine demonstrable passion for technology and data analysis
- Demonstrates accountability for results with ability to actively drive solutions
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and is dedicated to the setting and achievement of demanding goals
For more information please contact Angela Potter at Clearline Recruitment.