Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Data Scientist to join their team based in Solihull on a full time, fixed term basis. You will be on a competitive salary of £50,000 per annum.
Their vision is clear: they want to change people’s digital experience in a connected world. They believe in Exceptional People, Superior Service and Commercial Innovation. They have created a driven, no-nonsense, agile culture that moves faster than you imagine. And every one of them stands for honesty, for hard work, and, well… for getting on with the job. So, when it comes to achieving their vision, they’re naturally hardwired to do it.
What will you be doing as their Data Scientist?
You will be responsible for implementing, configuring and maintaining all Configuration Management Database processes, work instructions and activities. You will also Maintain precise documentation and accurate usage of the CMDB. Assist in defining and registering of configuration items (CIs); the appropriate level of attributes, and relationships required to support IT Service Management (ITSM) processes.
Key Responsibilities as their Data Scientist:
- Enact system audit practices and conduct audits to ensure data integrity
- Reconcile the CMDB data when exceptions are noted between CMDB, discovery information, and other authoritative production data repositories
- Support design, development, and implementation of automated processes for gathering, populating, and maintaining CMDB data
- Ability to develop SQL queries and reports for management on KPIs to improve the process effectiveness, efficiency, and data accuracy
- Works closely with Customers, Systems Engineering and Service Delivery Teams to establish business requirements for the CMDB
- Produce and execute a plan for implementing the Configuration Management processes
- Recommend robust configuration management procedures and standards for using CMDB
- Ensure CMDB alignment with ITIL v3 framework
- Act as a key stakeholder supporting key CMDB tasks:
1) Works with the Systems Engineering and Service Delivery Teams and customers to input a configuration management plan and Account Operations Manual (AOM) Chapter
2) Communicate CMDB activities to enhance general awareness of processes and standards
3) Liaise and work with external partners and third party suppliers whenever necessary.
What is needed in order to be able to become their Data Scientist?
- Experience in both hardware and software asset and configuration management as well as knowledge of IT service management processes
- Familiar with any of the following: discovery products including Microsoft SCCM, ServiceNow; reconciliation of discovery data in ServiceNow CMDB environment; and integration of discovery solutions with CMDB or a similar industry solution
- Knowledge of MS SQL, query-writing, reporting tools (i.e.: Crystal Reports, BIRT, or a similar industry solution) relational databases
- Candidates must have excellent organisational, communication, and problem-solving skills
- The ideal candidate will hold ITIL Foundation v3.0 certification and have applied knowledge of real-world environments in both the Service Management focus area and have experience implementing a CMDB in a customer environment
- Have proven understanding of IT business needs and knowledge of IT industry standard best practices.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as their Data Scientist then please click ‘apply’ now! They would love to hear from you!