Best Recruit UK are partnering with one of the most exciting and progressive online companies who are seeking a Data Scientist who is commercial and can provide a competitive edge.
The purpose of the Data Scientist is to increase market share through the delivery of key analytical and modelling projects that add significant value to the business model.
Our client is one of the most progressive online companies in the UK. They pride themselves on the strength of our commercial team, the quantity and quality of data available and the dynamic test and trial culture that they have cultivated. You will be expected to use state of the art technologies, along with your commercial instincts to convert this data into actionable insight, leading to better decision making within the business.
This role will have a broad remit that will be focussed on but not limited to:
- Building & implementing statistical modelsto distribute spend across marketing channels and regions to optimise market share whilst minimising CPA.
- Building models which explain how non-spend related variables impact on regional market share.
- Using publicly available data to enrich understanding of our customer base and the impact this has on our regional market shares.
- Managing a junior data scientist focused on TV analytics.
- Identifying opportunities across the business where input from data science could yield significant uplift in purchases.
Key Interfaces & Relationships:
- Finance Director
- Commercial Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Marketing Department
- IT Department
Need to Know / Have:
- Highly numerate skill and experience of statistical modelling packages such as Python and R, combined with excellent MS Excel skills.
- Experienced in collecting and cleaning data from multiple sources, with a specific focus on SQL.
- Graduate with a minimum 2.1 degree (or equivalent) in a highly numerate subject. Mathematics/Physics degree would be advantagoues (not essential).
- Previous commercial experience and sound statistical knowledge.
- Previous experience working in a delivery focussed analytical team and strong theoretical background in fields such as predictive modelling and machine learning.
- Able to provide examples of previous work history, achievements and / or results.
Need to Be:
- Culture fit is non-negotiable - flexibility, fantastic communication skills and huge amounts of drive are a must.
- Bias for action, strong work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence.
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills, be well organised and able to prioritise and plan in a way that mitigates many of the risks that come with doing research and analysing massive quantities of data.
- Enjoy using their skills set to solve problems and likes to implement the solutions and see the real world impact of the decisions they’ve made.
- Creative and innovative in approach to all solutions.
- Microsoft Excel
- Data Science
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job