Data Scientist - Liverpool - Salary is Negotiable Experience
Your new company
My client is a global brand in cutting-edge and globally recognised technology and Entertainment Company specialising in the growth of popular sports engagement. They have recently obtained a new business opportunity which in turn has enabled business growth, predominately in their IT team. They are now actively seeking an experienced Research and Development Software Manager to be based in their Merseyside office.
Your new role
As the teams Data Scientist you will be responsible for analysing large amounts of raw information to find patterns that will help improve our company. We will rely on you to build data products to extract valuable business insights. In this role, you should be highly analytical with a knack for analysis, maths and statistics. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data. We also want to see a passion for machine-learning and research. Your goal will be to help our company analyse trends to make better decisions:
- Build mathematical models and automated machine learning tools to analyse and optimise all aspects of the platform, providing actionable insights in real-time
- Design and implement experiments to test various hypothesis and scenarios
- Influence development teams to implement tools, features and/or designs - success is measured in % monetising, retention, time spent in the game, and lifetime value
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Undertake pre-processing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyse large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Combine models through ensemble modelling
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
What you'll need to succeed
Ideally, you will be suitably qualified - graduate degree in Applied Maths, Data Science, Statistics or another quantitative field is preferred.
The successful candidate will have a minimum 2 years' proven experience in quantitative analysis, specific experience with social games or mobile apps strongly preferred. You will also have experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop) and solid understanding of statistical modelling, predictive analysis, machine-learning, data mining and recommender system concepts.
An analytical mind and business acumen is essential for this role, with solid maths (e.g. statistics, algebra) and ability to prioritise and track multiple projects in parallel . You will have strong problem-solving aptitude and excellent communication and presentation skills.
Familiarity with marketing tools such as OptiMove, Gainsight and knowledge of R, SQL and Python; familiarity with Scala, Java or C++ is also an asset .
What you'll get in return
An excellent pay and benefits package such as pension, health, life assurance and gym membership subject to contract. The Company's success is reliant on a flexible and knowledgeable workforce and all employees will be offered access to training and development opportunities and will be encouraged to develop their potential.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.