* Monitor development of new and existing data sets
* Back-testing in-house trading strategies
* Collaborate with other traders and team
* Optimize code performance
Our client is an IT software company. They are looking for a Statistical Machine Learning expert to be a member of their Quantitative Research team.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* 2+ years of application development and implementation experience
* Comfortable working with the Python data analysis stack (numpy, pandas, bokeh, etc.) in a POSIX environment
* 5+ years of machine learning related experience
* Creative thinkers who are driven, self-motivated, and eager to solve challenging problems
* Exceptional programming skills
* Working knowledge of forecasting and data mining techniques, such as linear and non-linear regression analysis, neural networks or support vector machines
* Capable of managing large data sets and developing statistical models
* Interested in applying machine learning within trading
* Degree in Statistics, Physics, Applied Mathematics Computer Science/Machine Learning, or other highly quantitative field (or related subject)
* Desire to work within a collaborative, team-driven environment
* Good communication skills
* Preferred financial background, but will consider those from non-financial backgrounds.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.