Data Scientist - Video Processing
A brand new opportunity for a graduate Data Scientist with a background in Video Processing, to join an exciting project between an award-winning insight-led video strategy & production agency and a top UK University. This is an exceptional position for a Data Scientist (or Software Engineer with Video Processing expertise) to lead a project creating an innovative SaaS based optimisation system. The aim is to help content agencies and brands to create highly effective video content and distribution strategies. This will enable targeted marketing based on the analysis of target audience interests and needs, combined with existing web and social media content to maximise returns on the customer's marketing budget. This is an excellent role offering personal and career development at a company on the forefront of video communications.
The position is initially on a fixed term 2½ year (30 month) KTP contract, however there is significant potential for the position to go permanent with the KTP Partner Company.
The Data Scientist will:
- Investigation and implementation of video processing and summarisation techniques.
- Investigation of NLP, text analysis, web mining and machine learning techniques applied to online video context analysis and retrieval.
- Build extendable ground truth datasets to capture audience needs relating to existing online video content for analysis and modelling purposes.
- Development of a commercial software service tool for video content retrieval, analysis and visualization.
- Design and develop a tool to integrate the analysis of textual and non-textual data for the analysis on online video content.
- A prototype operational system for text based topicality analysis relating to online video content.
- Development of a video topic extraction approach based on video content and text metadata.
- Embedding technology and upskilling company staff.
- Supporting company scale up and exploitation of new technology.
- A Masters (MSc/ MRes/ MPhil / MEng) OR Doctorate in Computer Science, Data Science, Electronics Engineering OR Physics
- Video Processing / Summerisation
- Deep Learning
- NLP, Text Analysis, Machine Learning, fuzzy systems and probabilistic reasoning techniques applied to video summerisation knowledge would be preferred but not essential
- Strong Java / Python Ability
To learn more about this position please contact Alex Hannigan-Train on OR
Data Scientist (Video Processing)
Location - London
Salary - £28,750-33,000
- text analysis
- data science
- Deep Learning
- video processing
- python / java
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job