- Opportunity to become a key figure in a tech company who are devising solutions to improve lives!
(Candidate can be based anywhere in UK)
KEY SKILLS / EXPERIENCES NEEDED:
- Expert in data science and analytics.
- Ability to translate customer requirements into bespoke and complex data related solutions and services.
- Personality and desire to move into a client facing role - engaging in activities such as Pre-Sales.
- NICE TO HAVE (but not essential): Experience working with clients in the Agriculture / Food Supply Chain domain, or a similar sector, e.g. environmental.
- Willingness to undertake regular travel - mostly UK for now, possibly international in future.
A Big Data / IoT start up with significant Government funding (£12m) in the 'Agritech' space, having developed a range of cutting edge solutions, is now seeking a Data Scientist to work in a client facing and pre-sales capacity as they look to further commercialise their product set.
Having developed a set of solutions and products that are geared towards helping to solve a real world problem (i.e. the global food shortage), an extensive pipeline of interested clients has been built up - which now needs tapping into!
We therefore need an expert in the Big Data / Data Science / Data Analytics domain, with the technical know how to put together technical solutions based on client requirements, and see them through to delivery - and the commercial and client facing expertise to demonstrate these products accordingly, assisting the sales / business development process.
Ideally you will have demonstrable experience in a client facing role - alternatively, we will also consider candidates in a technical Data Science role who might see this as a good step forward and who have the personality & desire to work in this capacity.
In return, you will be rewarded with an opportunity to progress your career in a small but rapidly growing (not to mention very well funded!) tech start up. As a new role in this business, this will present you with the chance to make the role your own and possibly play a leadership role in a growing team in future.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job