Data Scientist - 5 month contract
Ofcom is looking for a temporary data scientist to provide analytical support on it's broadband coverage and connectivity model. Ofcom is the communications regulator in the UK. We regulate the TV and radio sectors, fixed line telecoms, mobiles, postal services, and the airwaves over which wireless devices operate.
We are looking to recruit an individual to provide support for up to 5 months for the team delivering the Wholesale Fixed Term Telecoms Market Review. This review sets out our detailed plans for regulation from April 2021 of the fixed telecoms markets that underpin broadband, mobile and business connections. The individual would work as part of the team analysing broadband coverage and connectivity in the UK.
The successful candidate will have excellent data modelling skills and will be able to model raw data and produce outputs in the form of maps and excel spreadsheets for policy and economic advisors to analyse. The will be fully familiar with the programming tools specified below in order to quickly get up to speed and be able to process data and make effective contribution to the team.
- Fluency and experience of working with the following programming languages: PostgreSQL, PostGIS, visualisation in QGIS and Java.
- Ability to represent data outputs in CSV/Excel tables and PNG images for maps.
- Ability to use premises level data provided by network operators to map current network coverage to postcode sector.
- Capable of using rollout plans provided by network operators to map network coverage.
- Ability to quickly produce outputs showing network coverage by operators.
- Ability to clearly document analysis so that there is a clear record of analysis undertaken.
- Good interpersonal skills. The individual will need to work effectively with other data scientists and policy and economic advisors. The individual will need to be able to explain their work and respond to analytical commissions from other team members.
- The individual may need to be able to respond quickly to changing demands.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'