Data Science Manager
A fantastic opportunity has become available in Edinburgh to work with a reputable and innovative data driven decision optimisation organisation to join the Science Services function on a permanent basis.
This is an integral role for the business as the successful candidate will be responsible for the development and growth of the Data Science function and journey.
The key responsibilities will be:
- Development and implementation of the Company's data science strategy and function, working with stakeholders across the business.
- Identify business needs and use data to propose solutions, then translate these into the design and implementation of projects.
- Carry out exploratory data science projects.
- Effective project management, ensuring accurate estimates of delivery time and delivery of the project within these timescales.
- Data collation, importing and cleaning data from a range of sources and formats, feature engineering and model validation.
- Manage the integration of the solutions into a product development cycle.
- Working with VP Services to create effective reports and presentations for the business and senior stakeholders, providing findings in a compelling and accessible way.
- Perform retrospective analysis, monitoring of model performance and data assessment for marketing, product and client activities.
- Select most effective tools to work with (R, Python, MATLAB etc.) and stay up to date with the latest technology, techniques and methods.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Extensive experience within a data science related role
- Experience of building or being a part of a new Data Science function would be beneficial
- Self-starter, happy to perform the initial requirements in starting the Data Science journey.
- A sound working knowledge of a Data Science Programming Language I.e. R, Python, MATLAB, SQL etc. essential
- Experience in both Linux and Microsoft development environments essential
- Experience with Machine Learning & Statistical Analysis.
- Ability to interpret business problems and translate into a project.
- Good verbal and written communication skills essential. Must be able to communicate complex data in a easy to understand manner.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- machine learning
- data science
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'