Data Science Manager
Based in Reading or London
M&G Prudential are an international asset manager and one of the UK’s market leading providers in long-term savings, investments and pensions. We have come together to create a leading savings & investments business, ideally positioned for growing customer demand for comprehensive finance solutions.
As well as the recent merger our business is currently undergoing significant transformation as we shift from a broadly intermediated, product based offering to one that creates market leading, customer led propositions sold through multiple channels with a strong focus on mobile and digital. As a result the UK&E Insurance business is investing heavily in new technologies and seeking to leverage existing assets to create a market leading retail savings proposition to its advisers, employers and end customers in a safe and operationally effective way. At the heart of this is the outcome and experience we provide our customers.
As a Data Science Manager within our new Customer Office you’ll play a pivotal role to ultimately help, inspire, organise and drive our business to deliver consistently great outcomes for our customers.
Purpose of the role will be to:
- Have overall responsibility for the Customer Data Repository
- Identify business issues and use science based techniques to drive tangible and actionable change benefitting customers and the business
- Perform statistical analysis on data from various sources in order to improve understanding of business performance and to create predictive and prescriptive models
- Research analytical options, designing features , prototyping and testing algorithms to create solutions to identify and drive improvements
- Drive statistical and stochastically data modelling techniques using a variety of internal/external data sources
- Engaging with stakeholders to understand business issues and opportunities
- Applying Data Science techniques to drive tangible benefits for the business
- Lead teams to deliver the data insight requirements of the Wealth Solutions area
- Deliver timely and accurate reporting, deploying communications programmes that convey key findings and promote customer centricity across the wider business
Key to success in this role will be your passion for and knowledge of big data management advanced analytics technologies, including Hadoop, Python or R. Knowledge and experience of data mining, machine learning techniques quantitative and qualitative research and analytic methods.
Of equal importance will be your ability to influence senior stakeholders whilst dealing with ambiguity and mobilising complex change as well as your ability to flex and adapt in a fast changing environment.
People who work at M&G Prudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It’s also an innovative, high-performing commercial environment that’s totally focused on customers. As an M&G Prudential colleague you’ll get all the support you’d expect, including full training and professional development. You’ll also receive a competitive salary and reward package, including a generous bonus, pension scheme and car or car allowance. And in a fast-changing world, you’ll join an organisation that’s leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals.
At M&G Prudential we work hard to create an environment that enables everyone to flourish and we actively encourage diversity across the business.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job