Watsons Recruitment are looking for a Data Science Lead for our public sector client to provide strategic leadership, direction and ownership across a programme of machine learning and computer vision data science projects.
Imagine working for an organisation where innovation and a pioneering spirit have always been part of its DNA. A company which is making a real difference to lives, communities and businesses everywhere.
Are you a leader in the development of new machine learning and computer vision data science capabilities? Do you have experience in creating cutting edge research and turning this into new services and products that drive business value? If you’re a skilled Data Science Lead, this is a fantastic opportunity to join their fun and dynamic Innovation team.
About the role
We are looking for a strategic Data Science Lead to spearhead an established and highly successful research and development team within The Company’s Operations Group.
You will be leading innovative and insightful research and prototype development, form projects, experiment with new models and techniques and develop external research and delivery partnerships. Our focus is on ground-breaking machine learning and computer vision developments which are at the heart of changing how we analyse and collect the data of the future.
- Identify and undertake new and innovative machine learning and computer vision projects
- Design and develop the automatic flowline components of the future across Operations Group.
- Interface with a new engineering development team that has been set up to create a robust and scalable capability based on your outputs.
- Identify and develop new opportunities to exploit and extract value from imagery data to solve real-world problems for customers
- Be an active member of the wider Data Science community within The Company
- Provide thought leadership & drive best practice
- Engage across industry, government and academia to develop delivery partnerships
- Leadership of up to 10 people
Ideally, you will have naturally progressed from data science or through another analytical route like Maths or Statistics into a Senior/Leadership role. You should have a strong problem-solving ethos, a knack for analysis, and be a strategic leader.
To be the successful person you will need to be able to demonstrate the following
- Proven experience as a Senior or Lead Data Scientist, or similar role
- Strong people leadership, strategy and management skills
- Ability to create and deliver R&D projects
- Excellent track record of machine learning and/or computer vision development
- Excellent senior stakeholder engagement and communication skills
- Good coding experience
- A business mindset
- Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics or a similar field, or significant comparable experience
- Performance-related bonus
- A great pension scheme
- 37-hour working week, flexible working, part-time and job-share considered
- 25 days annual leave (30 days after five years) bank holidays and an extra three days over Christmas - on us!
- Training & development. We’re a restless bunch, always looking for new ways to innovate. Your skills could help take it further. It is important to us that you have opportunities to learn and develop your skills. We offer: In-house training, a variety of masterclasses, bespoke training, study leave, access to learning resources and Professional membership subscriptions
- Paid volunteer day
- Bike to Work scheme (with secure bike storage and excellent changing facilities)
- Free onsite parking
- On-site nursery
- Very generous staff benefits including over 500 discounts from national stores
- Wide variety of sports and social clubs
If you have the above skills and experience, please send your CV ensuring you include a contact number and e-mail address.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'