Data Science and AI Senior Project Manager
Salary & Benefits Competitive
At AstraZeneca, we’re not afraid to do things differently. We’re building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening up new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together!
We are looking for a candidate who has the capability to lead complex projects from initiation to implementation within agreed constraints of time, budget and quality. You will hold responsibility for your colleagues ensuring maintaining relationships with senior partners through the required level of self-awareness and business acumen, have the autonomy to shape solutions and ensure that business requirements are effectively gathered. Hold a good knowledge of different supplier solutions that could support project, and is responsible for risk management, benefits & value management, and as appropriate resolves or advances identified risks and issues. Helps ensure that project teams adopting quality and compliance standards, policies and procedures, and supports project assurance activities.
- Accountable for the lead and delivery of projects/programmes on time and on budget for DS&AI
- Agree project plans including activities, resources, costs, roles, responsibilities and quality assurance.
- Follows project work plans and recommends revisions as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Leads day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope to ensure timely completion of project and meeting deadlines of project
- Maintains relationships with key business partners to ensure business requirements are effectively gathered and committed to project objectives
- Manages interdependencies between programmes and ensure successful delivery and co-ordination of workstreams
- Leads all aspects of the development of strategic risk analysis and subsequent control plans for programmes and actively uses these to assess the effect of changes in terms of risks, costs, timescales and resources; involves other organisations/partners when necessary
- Ensures that impact and changes resulting from projects/programmes are effectively communicated to the business
- Builds and leads project teams, communicating roles and responsibilities whilst encouraging partnership and collaboration amongst the team and business partners
- Effectively applies AZ methodology and enforces project standards
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Builds project/programme improvement plans and ensures that project teams provide input
- Resolves quality and compliance risks and issues, and when appropriate, raising to Lead Project Manager
- Leads Steering Group expectations
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Business degree
- Data Science, Analytics and AI expertise
- Expertise and experience in AGILE management
- Experience of managing large complex projects/programmes or in a similar role
- Well-developed organisational and social skills
- Ability to influence at senior level
- Experience of working with third party suppliers
- Experience of working application of policies, procedures and guidelines
- Professional project Management qualifications
- Experience in Software Development
- Experience of working in a global organisation with complex/geographical context
- Experience of leading ambiguity whilst navigating through it
- Life science degree
- An understanding of pharmaceutical business
- PMP, PRINCE 2 qualifications
- Agile qualifications (e.g.: SAFe product Owner, Product manager, Scrum master)
- Able to use JIRA, SeviceNow softwares
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'