The Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group are currently working alongside a reputable Financial Services business to recruit a Data Protection Officer.
This is a brand new role within the business that will focus on ensuring effective advice and assurance on matters of Intermediary Oversight, Data Protection, 3rd Party Suppliers, Litigation and Business Continuity. The successful candidate will also act as the company's primary point of contact for Data Protection.
Ideally located in Doncaster my client are easily accessible from Doncaster, Sheffield, Rotherham, Barnsley, Goole, Wakefield and surrounding areas.
- Development and oversight of third party oversight This will include liaison with Business Owners, Legal, Procurement and Compliance
- Effectively helping and ensuring appropriate vendor management across Operations. This involves liaising with business relationship owners to ensure risk assessments of third parties are accurate and service reviews are carried out in line with the framework
- Help ensure appropriate data protection proceduresare followed including liaison with the business on privacy impact assessments, person on point for the upkeep of information asset registers, detecting policy breaches through desktop analysis and liaison with the Change team and the Data Protection Officer on any data protection matters or breaches
- Input into new and ongoing projectsthat impact Data Protection or third party oversight policies and procedures including GDPR
- Involvement in the ongoing oversight of Business Continuity Plansand testing for the business unit
- Audits of branches and brokersto ensure alignment with key controls and policies
- Ensure that all Governance and Compliance requirements are adhered to and all reporting and reviewing activities required by the Regulatory Bodies are carried out to the standards required
- Attention to detail and structured approach to work.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to persuade at all levels.
- Ability to challenge behaviours and continually improve processes.
- Educated to a Degree level (any discipline), or equivalent
- Knowledge of the FCA principles, CONC, TCF would be desirable
- Previous auditing / compliance monitoring
- Salary of £25,000 - £36,000 dependant on experience
- 25 Days annual leave + Stats
- Generous pension scheme
- Fantastic opportunity to work for one of Doncaster's most reputable employers
Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focuses on the recruitment of talent in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of recruitment and talent identification we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information on Jobs or Recruitment.
- business continuity
- data protection