Data Protection Officer - Dorset
Up to £55,000
I am seeking a Data Protection Officer for a 'not for profit' I'm currently working with.
My client needs a Data Protection Officer - to drive compliance with and have responsibility for the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and ensure on-going compliance of all core activities and to appropriately educate stakeholders and employees alike to instil a data privacy/data protection ethos within the firm.
To be considered you will be able to evidence that you are a Data Protection SME with an in-depth knowledge of; the implications of GDPR, Cyber Security, Data Protection and Information Security.
Purpose of Role
It would be your duty to lead the organisation and employees in meeting regulatory obligations for the usage and protection of data.
- Inform and advise the Executive Team on the protection of personal data in relation to the laws and regulations relating to data protection.
- To inform and advise data controllers and/or data processors and all those who carry out processing of their obligations pursuant to the Data Protection laws and to other European Union or Member State data protection provisions;
- To monitor compliance with Data Protection law, with other European Union or Member State data protection provisions and with the policies of data controllers and/or data processors in relation to the protection of personal data, including the assignment of responsibilities, awareness-raising and training of staff, volunteers, contractors, suppliers and partners involved in processing operations, and the related audits;
- To provide advice where requested as regards the data protection impact assessment and monitor its performance pursuant to the Data Protection law
- To Review data governance maturity drawn from scheduled data governance audits and report on maturity and remediation activities to the Board of Trustees/Chief Executive and advise on technical and procedural controls required to reach appropriate levels of data governance maturity.
- Guide and inform on data protection impact assessments and monitoring performance against the requirements of Data Governance.
- To act as the point of contact with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)
- Be responsible for the oversight of the risk based approach to tackling data governance compliance that relates to PII.
- To cooperate with the supervisory authority;
- To act as the contact point for the supervisory authority on issues relating to processing of data, including the prior consultation referred to in the Data Protection Act, and to consult, where appropriate, with regard to any other matter.
- At all times in performance of his or her tasks have due regard to the risk associated with processing operations, taking into account the nature, scope, context and purposes of processing;
- Work with the Data Protection Management and legal teams to embed and support Data Protection training and awareness;
- Take responsibility for strategic risks relating to Data Protection
Required Skills & Experience
- Educated to degree-level
- Extensive Data protection, compliance or risk experience
- IAPP CIPP/E or CIPM etc. or equivalent data privacy qualification
- Experience of interfacing with data protection regulators (ICO)
Data Protection, Data Privacy, DPO, Data Protection Officer, Data Privacy Officer, Information Security, Cyber Security
- Data Protection Data Privacy DPO Data Protection Officer Data Privacy Officer Information Security Cyber Security