I am representing a market leading law firm in Birmingham who are seeking a Data Protection Officer to come on board on a permanent basis.
This is not a hire which is reactive to GDPR, but one which has been planned over the last couple months and is part of the business' growth strategy.
This is a permanent position, offering a salary of £37,500 to £50,000 + excellent benefits, and a chance to work with some reputable clients in a range of industries.
- Manage organizational data protection and oversee our GDPR compliance
- Train the staff in data processing, data protection and GDPR (client and in house)
- Develop and execute relevant compliance projects for clients
- Conduct regular security audits for clients to ensure compliance and address potential problems.
- Give advice on the impact of data protection efforts.
- Monitor and maintain records of all data processing activities conducted by the company and its clients.
- Communicate with data subjects to inform them about how their data is being processed and the rights they have to their data.
- Coordinate data breach response and notification procedures.
- 2+ years experience in Data protection
- Previous background/experience within legal or law
- Excellent understanding of upcoming GDPR legislation
- Knowledge of security frameworks (eg. ISO 27001) is desirable
- Security related qualifications/certifications is highly desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Background in the legal sector or a degree in Law or equivalent, is highly advantageous
Please apply now with your latest CV for more information.
Premier are acting as an employment agency
- Project Manager
- business analyst
- Data Protection
- General Data Protection Regulations
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job