Data Protection Officer – Spider Recruitment Services are currently assisting the UK’s data protection resource centre. Its purpose is to reduce the burden experienced by organisations required to comply with data protection laws such as the GDPR. The ideal candidate will have an LLB or LLM degree in law and also has the GDPR certification.
Due to continued growth, our client require Data Protection Officers who are compliance driven, but with excellent communication skills, a background in facilitating workshops and presentations and the ability to influence, encourage and support positive change within an organisational environment. Successful candidates will have an ability to prioritise effectively, navigate conflicting client demands diplomatically and maintain the highest degree of confidentiality,
We are looking for candidates that value attention to detail and who deliver high quality work to tight deadlines. The ideal candidate must be well presented, with the capacity to work on their own initiative with minimal supervision.
First and foremost, our client is a service business. You will be proactive, motivated, enthusiastic, customer driven team players who clearly demonstrate a passion for what you do and therefore offer an ideal fit with our core values and culture.
The position is mostly field based serving a portfolio of clients, so requires daily travel, therefore a full driving license is essential.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Inform and advise organisations of their obligations and to create and implement strategies to ensure compliance with data protections laws such as the GDPR
- Perform 'Impact Assessments' that gain a thorough understanding of the scope of an organisations data, their compliance requirements and the number of additional 3rd party Data Processors that make up their data processing chain
- Based on standard templates, compile detailed reports highlighting the GDPR specific issues for each dataset, along with a list of 'traffic light' based recommendations
- Presentation of the report back to key staff members
- Facilitate and deliver training and awareness workshops for clients
- Support the organisation to respond to Subject Access Requests
- Consistently inform and advise the client on governance, accountability and risk
- Keep up to date with changes in data protection law and regulations
Education and experience:
- A previous role as Data Protection Officer
- Or a background in compliance, data security, IT security, governance, legal or audit
- One or more data protection qualifications such as CIPM, CIPP, C-GDPR-P, BCS/ISEB or PDP certificates in data protection
- Relevant demonstrable experience is valued more highly than qualifications
- Ability to work independently yet also a strong team player
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- The ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, trust and credibility
- Calm, controlled and resilient demeanour
- A commercial attitude towards time management
- The flexibility to be able to travel on a daily basis
- An in-depth knowledge of data protection laws within the UK and Europe
- Experience of managing data protection projects
- Experience in policy and report writing
- Confident presentation skills
- Experience implementing new policies and procedures
- Attention to detail
- Career Progression
- Working with ever more prestigious clients
- Team leadership
- Senior management experience
This is a fantastic opportunity to join well- established company and this is role is vital to imminent government changes.
If you have the necessary skills and experience and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
Additional keywords: data protection, compliance, administration, policies, procedures, analytical, data analysis, CIPM, CIPP, C-GDPR-P, BCS/ISEB or PDP certificates. LLB, LLM, Law Degree
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider. The regions Fixed Fee Web Recruiter and Online Job Advertiser. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
By applying for this role, you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information you provide in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider will not use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will also request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any other recruiting company who are working directly with Spider for recruitment advertising purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your dream job or offering career related advice.
- data analysis
- data protection
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job