Opportunity to be the Data Protection Manager at an eCommerce retailer!
Would you like to work with a business to implement a strong privacy culture? You will be interacting with the entire organisation to provide guidance to the business, coordinating all activity related to data privacy.
This team is building out the function in line with its growth plans within the technology space. It is a really exciting time to be joining this new business venture.
Life of the Data Protection Manager...
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert to ensure the organisation is compliant with the GDPR, the UK's DPA 2018 and other regulations that will impact the business.
- Undertake data protection audits in line with processing activities company wide.
- Each new project, system or process needs encouragement to implement a culture of privacy by design.
- Carry out DPIAs with each business unit to ensure implementation.
- Collaborate with the team to investigate breaches and monitor record-keeping.
- Step up to head up the team and support the team when others are not present. For example, be the liaison with the ICO to perform regulatory duties that are required.
- Provide advise and guidance to staff who process Individual Rights Requests. Liaise with customers and employees who have raised concerns with their individual rights.
- Advise on Privacy requests from third parties.
- Prioritise data protection risks with the Privacy Champions across the business.
- Maintain policies and procedures.
- Make sure that buisness units understand the expectation under GDPR and advise those on how to overcome the risk.
- Act as an ambassador to promote and support the core values of the company.
The successful candidate...
- Strong experience as a privacy advisor for a commercial business.
- In depth understanding of the GDPR and the DPA 2018.
- Operational experience carrying out DPIAs, SARs, employee monitoring, third party contracts and breach management.
- Gravitas to influence employees to think in line with privacy in their day to day working lifestyle.
- Proven track record building relationships and communicating effectively with senior management, internal and external data subjects.
If you would like to know more about the role and have the relevant experience, please apply with your updated CV and we can arrange a call to see whether this is the right opportunity for you.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'