Our Data Protection Department is looking for a confident and highly professional individual to join their Head Office based team. Reporting to the National Data Protection Officer, this engaging role offers responsibility and variety within a department that ensures that the Company’s legal and internal Data Protection Compliance requirements are met efficiently and effectively. If you are a talented multi-tasker with a drive to deliver workable solutions, this could be the ideal role for you!
*please note that internally your job title will be Data Protection Consultant
What will you do?
- Supporting the National Data Protection Officer (NDPO) in the implementation and ongoing development of the Company’s Data Protection Compliance Management System
- Drafting Company procedures and providing relevant training to our employees to comply with existing and upcoming requirements under national and EU Data Protection laws
- Providing every day and ad-hoc UK Data Protection advice on a wide variety of queries and new initiatives from Head Office departments and Sales regions; liaising with external legal advisers
- Carrying out Privacy Impact Assessments, drawing up specific Data Processing Agreements between the Company and a wide range of national and international business partners
- Undertaking Data Protection audits, providing support for Privacy Breach management and regular reporting to the Compliance Director and the Board
- Communicating with the Information Commissioner’s Office when required
- Deputising in the National Data Protection Officer’s absence
What will you need?
- An excellent communicator and multi-tasker with exceptional organisational abilities
- Ability to combine a good eye for detail with big picture commercial considerations
- Detail focused and pragmatic
- Ability to work independently, managing conflicting priorities with ease and efficiency
- Highly professional and polite with the ability to be firm and assertive when necessary
- Motivated and proactive, with an eagerness to learn and develop
- PC literate with a high level of proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Power Point
- Excellent literacy and numerical skills
- For internal candidates: Law degree or Data protection preferable but not essential. Essential knowledge of Lidl procedures.
- For external candidates: Law degree or Data protection is essential.
- Knowledge of the German language is desirable but not essential
What do we offer?
- £40,000 - £52,000 per annum (subject to experience)
- An additional non-contractual 10% London Weighting
- 35 days holiday per annum (pro rata, including Bank Holidays)
- A contributory pension scheme
- 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Brilliant opportunities to take on more responsibility and long term career prospects
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'