An exciting and newly created post working within a thriving and rapidily expanding organisation. As the successful applicant you will be supporting the Managing Director and Data Protection Leads in delivering data protection and privacy services to our client’s subscribers. As the post holder you will provide expertise to existing subscribers in all aspects of data protection law and practice. In particular, you will need to:
- Work with existing subscribers to ensure they adopt appropriate policies and procedures; implement them, and can evidence their compliance;
- Undertaken annual and ad-hoc audit and other review work of existing subscribers compliance, delivering gap analysis and support the delivery of action plans to improve compliance;
- Provide specialist advice on matters relating to the DPA, PECR and GDPR within the subscriber’s organisation;
- Deliver training, and build strong relationships with all subscribers in order to foster excellent working relationships that deliver continued subscription to services.
You will also support the Managing Director and Data Protection Leads in researching and developing new tools, newsletters and other products to support both existing and potential subscribers so they can comply with all relevant legislation, regulations, Codes of Practice or technical guidance.
Considering the requirements indicated you will need to be conversant with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the impact it will have on existing and potential clients
- Minimum of two year's experience providing detailed data protection, privacy and/or information security advice and guidance.
- A thorough understanding of the Data Protection Act, Privacy and Electronic Communication Regulations, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other relevant information legislation or standards, and the ability to understand how to apply these in a practical, risk-based way.
- Data Protection and/or Information Security training and/or qualifications.
- The ability to achieve goals with subscribers without direct authority over them - i.e. good negotiating and influencing skills; the ability to drive forward change effectively, using a flexible, consultative and supportive approach.
- Good understanding of charity organisations and business needs.
- Experience in the development and delivery of training material.
- Educated to degree level or substantial practical experience.
- Good working knowledge of Information Security (including ISO 27001) principles and practices - e.g. information risk analysis / management.
For further information or to express an interest please don’t hesitate to contact our Bristol office or submit an online application. A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant within a challenging, exciting and thriving organisation.
- Compliance Monitoring
- Data Protection Act
- Risk Consulting
- ISO 27001