We are now looking for an experienced Data Protection Consultant during this exciting time of growth here at Endsleigh- we are open to full time & part time applicants. Reporting directly to the Head of Compliance & Risk, the successful person will work very autonomously on all Data Protection matters, working within the wider Risk and Compliance team.
The Data Protection Consultant will ensure procedures and processes adopted by the business comply with legal and regulatory requirements, optimise business objectives, and minimise business risk. They will continuously assess and provide assurance on the data protection regulatory risk for Endsleigh and identify and implement appropriate mitigating factors- as well as managing and maintaining an effective Data Protection framework. Some key accountabilities will include:
- Possess sound technical understanding of data protection laws and regulations and be the sole source of technical expertise on DP for Endsleigh.
- Understand the GDPR, provide relevant guidance about its impact and implement it appropriately into Endsleigh.
- Provide advice, guidance and information about data protection.
- Develop and implement a strategy for Data Protection legislation adherence.
- Handle customer complaints relating to possible data breaches.
The Data Protection Consultant will ensure appropriate risk reporting and escalation processes are in place for all Data Protection related matters within the business. Responding to regulators with appropriate quality and standard and within mandated reporting schedules, the Data Protection Consultant will also have oversight of the Subject Access Request process and analyse, manage and monitor DP risks. The successful Data Protection Consultant will be or have:
- Able to apply expert knowledge appropriately- strong DPA knowledge
- Able to keep ahead with legislation, professional and technical change, understand implications and share this effectively with others.
- Able to provide clear, pragmatic advice and effectively assess priorities & deadlines.
- Very good influencing skills especially at senior level
- Comfortable working as a change agent at all levels of the business
- Self-reliant with the ability to work independently and use initiative
- Good communication skills and negotiation skills coupled with ability to build relationships
- Good planning and coordination skills with a high capacity to learn and the ability to think laterally
- Commercial acumen
This is a great opportunity to be part of a transforming business and you will be rewarded by a highly social team culture and competitive salary. We will offer you a fantastic benefits package which includes a defined contribution pension scheme where Endsleigh will contribute 4% of your pensionable salary increasing to 8% at 5 years’ service, and rising again to 12% in year 10. In addition we have a Life Assurance scheme and a number of additional benefits through our Flexible Benefits Scheme.
You will start with 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and receive private healthcare for yourself (you can add your family on through flexible benefits if you wish).
Our Head Office site also has excellent facilities including various lunch and cafe options, a gym and other sporting facilities.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job