Data Processing Programmer/South East London/c£35000-40,000/GMC/Quadient/
Through continual investment and development, their services have evolved to support the demanding, multi-faceted world in which we all operate, providing clarity and control. With many ideas and concepts still to bring to life, their energy and enthusiasm is boundless.
Firmly established as the UK`s leading provider of communication and supply chain solutions, their mission is to challenge themselves, and their clients, to develop new ideas, push boundaries, pioneer innovation and deliver best of breed communications in the fields of Retail, Mobile, Health and Financial Services.
Their head office is based on the SE London/Surrey border, good public transport links as well as free parking. They have an ONSITE GYM, 26 days annual leave, annual bonus, healthcare and they are offering a competitive salary which is slightly negotiable from that stated.
As a Data Processing Programmer, you will be joining their established team and quickly add value.
Your great knowledge of GMC Inspire related products (Quadient), will hold you in good stead. If you have knowledge of Cygnus, GeMMA this will be seen as hugely advantageous.
In this role, you will receive internal or client briefs to carry out a set of tasks. This will involve working to tight deadlines and responsibilities of the job will vary hugely but typically, tasks will include:
- To download, reformat, manipulate and cleanse data
- To write logic in order to be able to process the data
- Merge artwork and data in a page composition package
- Have an understanding of the processes before and after data work (ie creative, Print, Finishing and Mailing)
What you will need to be successful:
- In-depth knowledge of GMS Inspire/Quadient
- Knowledge of the print industry is essential
- High level of attention to detail, meticulous and logical in your approach to work
- Ability to prioritise
- Great problem-solving analytical skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft operating systems are essential
- Programming skills - GMC/Quadient/Cygnus