Data Privacy Specialist, Lawyer, Belfast, Legal Services
Your new company
A truly global, multinational law firm are seeking an experienced Data Privacy Specialist to join their highly regarded Belfast office which is a centre of excellence and focuses on providing high quality legal support and business and administrative services to many offices and practice groups.
Your new role
Within this role you will be responsible for supporting and implementing all aspects of the global data protection compliance strategy and advising on legal matters surrounding data protection/privacy with appropriate input from local office support.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Own and keep under constant review all the firm's global data protection compliance arrangements to include updating policies and guidance, centralising processes and putting in place robust, time-bound remedial plans where necessary.
- Develop and maintain relevant global internal data privacy policies and training.
- Inform and advise the global firm on the Global Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and its requirements, liaising with local support as required. Serving as a subject matter expert and developing and implementing a robust compliance plan.
- Partner with all key business areas, in particular the IT Security team, to ensure data privacy issues are considered at the outset of new projects, products and initiatives
- Act as a liaison to the firm's Global Risk Committee in relation to global data privacy issues.
- Help manage the data privacy network across all global offices.
- Handle enquiries and issues relating to data privacy practices, withdrawal of consent, and the right to be forgotten, and related rights.
- Monitor the industry landscape to keep visibility on evolutions, trends, and best practice related to Data Privacy.
- Ensure that systematic compliance audits are undertaken and that their findings are reported and acted upon.
What you'll need to succeed
- A qualified lawyer with excellent academics credentials (minimum 2:1)
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of data privacy, data handling and data classification.
- Demonstrate experience of managing data privacy issues in a global organisation.
- Expertise in global and European data protection laws and practices and an in-depth understanding of the GDPR.
- Capable of conducting data privacy compliance reviews and audits.
- Ability to review, analyse and organise documentary and factual evidence.
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive a market leading salary and benefits package
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.