We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe’s leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
An opportunity has arisen for a Data Content – Operations Analyst to join our critical, Data Content team. The role will work within a team of data analysts, representing Data Management and the data delivered to the wider business. Within this position you will be required to utilise experience and knowledge in defining the appropriate sourcing and application of data within M&G’s broader architecture.
Data Management is responsible for delivering business critical data across multiple stakeholders and applications through services including Data Content, Valuations, Business Data Analysis, Market Data Services and Data Governance.
The Data Content team is focussed on delivering accurate data to all business units in a timely manner. It also provides a great opportunity to develop an understanding of the M&G business and the data environment which supports it.
You will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Liaising with Data Management’s key stakeholders including Front Office, Compliance, Risk Monitoring, Client Reporting and Investment Operations.
• Collecting and verifying data from appropriate sources, ensuring accurate and timely information is supplied to the business.
• Challenging current processes, driving change, proactively realising opportunities for improvements across Data Management.
• Analysing large data sets to identify Data Quality issues and ensure they are resolved.
• Daily creation and maintenance of multiple asset types and data sets to support Data Management’s key stakeholders.
• Supporting the implementation of controls and procedures throughout the Data Content team.
• Investigating data issues, working with senior data analysts to establish an appropriate resolution.
• Ensuring data requirements are fully supported within all required systems.
What we are looking for:
You will be a proactive self-starter, with the ability to identify problems and have the drive to follow them through to resolution. It is essential that you take pride in working to a high standard, and thrive within a changing environment, showing initiative. You should possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, as well as displaying broad market, instrument and industry knowledge. An appreciation of the requirements of an operational control environment is key and a good understanding of valuations and instruments across various asset classes, (e.g. Fixed Income, Equities, ETD & OTC Derivatives). The following financial and reference data knowledge is also important: Securities, Position, Transaction, Fund, Benchmark, Credit Rating, Counterparty.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job