Data Migration Lead
6-month contract (initially, WAV to extend)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a high profile, significant programme of work in a Global Publishing organisation based in Oxford. This role has the requirement to liaise with and direct the work of one or two offshore ETL developers and well as leading from the front with hands-on development of the project data migration capabilities.
This is a significant multi-year, multi-divisional and multi-regional project, which aims to replace numerous legacy systems into one harmonised solution to support the publishing process from idea creation through to production scheduling. It is a based upon a COTS product, which requires significant amounts of configuration and some customisation, according to an approved backlog of user stories. There are also significant integration, data migration, and business change aspects to the project. The project is being run according to agile (scrum) and scaled agile (SAFe) principles.
- Work with a team of analysts, data architects, and subject matter experts who are currently working on a new corporate web-based platform to lead the conversion of existing and in progress processes into an SSIS solution.
- Design and develop database objects, tables, stored procedures, views, triggers, and SSIS packages and documentation from existing and in progress SAS code and processes.
- Performance tuning the stored procedures and T-SQL.
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Independently analyse, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end and being able to share that knowledge and solutions with peers and client, if required.
- Tuning T-SQL queries to improve performance.
- Prepare release scripts and instructions.
- Requirements review and estimate development efforts.
- Communicate effectively with analysts, developers, testers, management, and clients.
- Draft knowledge transfer materials for internal and external customers.
We are looking for someone who can clearly demonstrate:
- 5+ years SQL Server 2008 through 2016 experience
- SSIS and ETL experience
- Proficient in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) coding, debugging, and implementing
- Experience in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- SQL Server OLTP transaction processing
- Ability to develop SSIS Packages for data dumps, data migration, and data transformation
- Experience in creating SQL Server database tables, indexes, views from logical data models
- ETL scripts for data replication from non-relational database to SQL database
- Experience in SQL Server Stored procedures, functions
- Experience in reporting toolsets, job scheduling, publishing and distribution of reports
- Data profiling
- Experience in working with MS VS and database projects
- Experience in working with large databases
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Able to prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience in working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Documenting detailed approach and plans
And ideally also...
- Broad understanding of the publishing industry Enterprise Architecture and technology landscape with in-depth knowledge in areas of specialism
- Collaborative working in a complex geographical / functional matrix organisation
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job