Data Manager - Permanent, 35 hours per week
National Cat Centre, Chelwood Gate, Sussex, or if home-based is agreed, there will be a home workers allowance of £1,000 per annum
Salary: £39,092.92 per annum, plus excellent benefits (starting salary subject to experience)
In the UK there are over seven million cats. Cats Protection is the organisation dedicated to helping, rescuing, re-homing and supporting cats. With 34 adoption centres and 250 volunteer-run branches, we help around 190,000 cats and kittens each year. The Data Direct and Digital Marketing teams will generate £18M for Cats Protection this year, through fundraising, membership and gaming products across all online and offline channels. To reach this target the team are expanding and have a number of new roles to recruit. This is one of the new roles, and other roles within the team may be found on our careers site.
Managing a team of three and a £150,000 annual expenditure budget, you will ensure that all operational data work and requests are dealt with to agreed levels of service and customer satisfaction and CP policies, to allow fundraising teams to develop compliant, sustainable income streams for the charity.
A full job description and person specification is available once you begin to complete your application, and your responsibilities will include:
- managing various agencies regarding data import, export, cleansing and analysis
- leading on reporting and insight for fundraising teams to inform future decision making
- being the champion for data and supporting fundraising and other teams in the use of CP’s CRM system
- leading, line managing and developing the Data team and ensuring individual motivation and job satisfaction by providing ongoing training and development opportunities
- mitigating reputation risk for Cats Protection by adopting and ensuring adherence to the various Codes of Conduct and legislation relevant to the role
- ensuring that Data Digital and Direct Marketing teams procedures are fully documented and adhered to
- leading on data management best practice, data quality standards, security, data protection, data hygiene, import and export routines, data selections, use of predictive modelling, statistical analysis
- leading on data selections, proactively developing segmentation and targeting for online supporter communication.
- establishing and maintaining close day to day working relationships with internal departments and working closely with the Procurement, Supporter Services and Finance teams, ensuring good practice in processing and recording is coupled with sound customer care techniques. To continually review and update third party contracts, policies and procedures to ensure that outsourced campaigns are competitively priced, compliant with industry regulations and managed in accordance with Cats Protection’s policies and expectations
You should either hold a current / relevant Marketing and Data certification, or possess 5 years’ relevant technical experience. You will have experience of managing and developing new relationships with key suppliers/agencies, and have experience of successfully managing a budget. Line management experience with a track record of developing individuals is essential.
You will need to be highly numerate and able to interpret and analyse complex data sets, and be able to influence key stakeholders with your excellent personal impact and influencing skills. Technically, we are looking for experience of managing a support function for a CRM system, Data segmentation and analysis, ideally Advanced CareNG CRM solution and Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services. We are looking for someone who is an innovative/creative thinker and effective problem solver. You will also need to have your own transport and be prepared to travel / stay overnight occasionally.
To reward you, we have a pay scheme which provides the opportunity to progress within your pay band, subject to satisfactory performance. We also offer a range of benefits which include a generous holiday entitlement, a competitive pension offering, a private medical scheme, and a death in service scheme.
Cats Protection is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Closing date: 22nd April 2018
Interviews: late April/early May
Other roles are also available within the team, so please do check out our careers site to find out more.
To apply for the role of Data Manager, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Data Manager, Data Protection Manager, Data Analysis Manager, Lead Data Analyst, Data Quality Manager, Data Management.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job