Data Manager required for a digital bank based in Durham. Being digital brings with it a set of risks from a data security perspective. This role will work within the Security Team, to protect, manage and improve our data management to protect customers, brand, people and reputation. The role holder must be an advocate of good data practice with the ability to influence at all levels, provide practical advice and guidance and remain approachable to all employees.
The role holder will be accountable for ensuring that data is classified, controlled and managed in the right way, is in-line with various data and security standards, applicable legal, regulatory and best practice frameworks, including GDPR. ISO 27001/2 ISO8000 (awareness), PCI DSS and the MIKE2 data management framework.
The role requires a proven level of technical knowledge with a bias towards data risk management.
• Creates and maintain the development of the Data Governance & Management Strategy
• Support the development of the Data Management Framework integration
• Engagement and support all activities
• Act as the custodian of data access
• Scope, conduct and assess the successful embedding of the Data Management framework
• Create appropriate training and awareness requirements
• General audit and risk assessment support
• Third party data quality assessments.
• Manage and assess Data Management risk in accordance with industry best practice.
• Regular report generation and presentation.
• Acquire and maintain knowledge of relevant industry trends, product offerings, current
support policies, and methods of service delivery.
• Be the key focal point for all data management matters across the business
• Raise awareness of data management through various communication exercises
• Ensure the Data Management policy is communicated to and followed by all staff, and assist management with investigation of breaches.
• Lead Data Analyst(s) supporting Governance activities
- Data Management
- Data Security
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job