Multi-Award-winning Publishing & Events group are looking for a highly effective, forward-thinking Data Manager to manage a small specialist team and play a key role in shaping the company’s ongoing data and insight strategies. We are one of the UK’s leading media owners, offering a competitive salary and genuine career progression within a creative, vibrant environment. The culture here is open and supportive and your contribution will be valued.
About Us:We’re an award-winning publishing and events company with a strong portfolio of well known, much loved consumer and B2B exhibition, event and magazine brands. Our products are entertaining, stylish, innovative and authoritative, commanding loyal, engaged audiences.
We’ve won over 70 industry awards in the last 10 years and are continuing to grow, acquiring and launching more magazines and events each year. We create bespoke, effective methods and systems of data collation, organisation and analysis and see this as crucial to our growth and success in understanding and communicating with our audiences.
About You & The Role:
As Data Manager you will be a key go-to point of contact for the company regarding data quality, data collection, analytics and key processes. You will be managing the day-to-day running of a team of three people and be a point of escalation, so at least one year’s previous management experience within a data environment is key. As an expert in data handling you will be highly communicative, organised approachable and methodical.
Reporting to the Head of IT, you will manage data for Marketing and Sales across a variety of platforms and for all brands within the company. You will also assist in the delivery of projects across the business to improve data and databases (and the wider company strategy). You’ll have good working knowledge of data protection and will assist the Head of IT to create and implement procedures, conduct risk assessments, and general project work in line with the imminent GDPR. A primary function will be to review and produce analytics to assess and communicate the performance of specific email campaigns, and to monitor general email trends, and web site statistics.
You will work closely with studio, marketing, web and sales teams, so good communication skills and a collaborative nature will be essential. You will be responsible for the email campaign diary for all company brands, and will oversee the quality control process for the sending of all sales and marketing emails; you will liaise with relevant stakeholders to assemble and manage data lists, apply correct filters and set appropriate scheduling.
The team has responsibility for a number of sales systems in Filemaker and Salesforce - the role will include management of the data itself (leads, accounts and contacts), the quality of the data and the interactions between other systems that involve data ETL. The role will oversee the job request queue which will involve assigning tasks to team members, monitoring workload and overseeing the data requests coming in. You’ll ensure the team are meeting their deadlines and will report any relevant issues to the Head of IT.
- Manage the day to day operations of the Data department
- Sending and reporting on email campaigns
- Managing the relationship with the ESP
- Plans and implement development changes at suitable times
- Keep processes up to date and integrated with any new data laws
- Encourage the development of the staff in your department
- Manage the department budget and expenditure
- Act as the main contact for direction and recommendations on adhering to data protectionregulations & e-privacy regulations & how they impact the company
- Ensure all department process documents are up to date
- Provide recommendations and knowledge to other departments around the business
Core Skills, Attributes & Experience:
- A data expert with demonstrable experience as a Data Manager and People Manager.
- Organised and thorough, with a friendly and approachable manner.
- Adaptable, analytical and a good communicator
- leadership qualities and ability to delegate
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced MS Excel and MS Office proficiency
- Google Analytics (advantage, not essential)
- Filemaker (advantage, not essential)
- Adestra (advantage, not essential)
- Data protection laws, GDPR
- Strong understanding of databases and an excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution, ETL etc.)
So, if you can take on the above with confidence, acumen and enthusiasm we want to hear from you. Apply now with a brief covering message, detailing your salary expectation. Short-listed candidates will be contacted promptly.
- Data Analysis
- Data Management
- Data Privacy
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job