Data Management Analyst -216454
London, EC3M 3BD
QBE’s European Operations, which accounts for over 27% of QBE Group turnover, is a leading specialist in London market and European commercial lines business. Active in both the Lloyd’s and company market, QBE offers considerable diversity to the broking community. We are a socially responsible company and give our customers the ability to invest a portion of their premiums in environmentally and socially beneficial projects.
As an analyst working in the data warehousing team you will work with end-users to identify their business and data requirements for the Management Information, Finance and Actuarial reporting systems. In addition, you will be responsible for analysis and design of defects and changes raised, along with testing through to implementation and post-implementation production support.
A key part of the role is to ensure the quality and integrity of the data is maintained to corporate and statutory standards through reconciliation, analysis and monitoring processes.
You will be involved in various project work as required to improve or enhance the data or capability of the various reporting systems.
- Perform system and data analysis, and source-to-target mapping through the various layers of the data warehouse and its downstream systems, reconciling at each stage of the ETL process
- Working closely with the other parts of the company to understand and facilitate the identification and documentation of QBE business units’ reporting data requirements.
- Build and maintain strong relationships across QBE business divisions to ensure the quality and content of the data within the systems meets business and statutory requirements.
- Prioritise workloads to balance conflicting priorities in order to ensure that all given deadlines are achieved to a high standard.
- Undertake problem investigation, analysis and resolution to maintain and improve data being used by customers.
- Engage with third party suppliers in the delivery of quality data to support business data requirements.
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
- Business analysis and requirements gathering skills
- Technical data management skills to support role
- Communication and stakeholder management skills
- Understanding of key insurance metrics and underlying financial information elements
- Good awareness of the system development lifecycle and disciplines in tandem with a broad awareness of industry standard analysis techniques and approaches
- Solid experience in a business analytics / data management role
- Previous experience in insurance, including Lloyd’s and London Market based
- Experience with data warehousing and reporting tools and a working knowledge of SQL Server
- Experience liaising with business stakeholders to identify and document business requirements
- Experience producing technical specifications detailing solutions for approval by users and for technical use by developers and testers
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job. Search for QBE on Vercida to learn more about our Diversity and Inclusion programmes and policies.
Please click the 'Apply’ button to be taken to the job on our system.
- Advanced Excel
- Sql Server
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job